Publisher: Lightning Source Inc
Published: Sep 20 2019
Height: 0.19 Width: 5.00 Depth: 8.00
If you want to make knives, without spending top dollar on store-bought steel bars, then read on...
Have you come across a piece of scrap steel that is perfect for forging into a knife?
Do you want to practice bladesmithing techniques, without having to sacrifice good steel?
Are you looking for a cheap alternative until you gain a little bit of experience?
Did you just buy scrap steel for cheap, and want to start forging it?
Then read the next line carefully.
Scrap steel is unlike known steel.
You need to know the exact procedure for forging it into a proper blade, so that it doesn't break, or become a health hazard.
Inside this book you will discover:
- The #1 scrap steel any beginner should start with
- How to guess what steel a leaf spring is made of, and get it right 99% of the time
- The type of cable you should never use while making cable Damascus
- How to make sure your knife scales lie flush against your blade, even if you don't have a belt sander
- The best way to reduce the size of a leaf spring that is too big, even if you dont have a power hammer
- 1 key step that you always need to perform before forging a leaf spring
- One simple test that will ensure that your scrap steel is properly hardened
- How to make an anvil out of a railroad track
- One simple test to determine if a scrap steel is worthy of forging into a knife
Scrap steel is perfect for practicing grinding and heat treatment techniques.
So, you can get better at bladesmithing without spending excess money on buying steel.
But do you need power tools to forge scrap steel?
No. Most of the steels inside this book have forging/stock removal instructions with minimal use of power tools.
And they can also be forged with no power tools.
But to be honest, without them the work would be tedious, trust me.
Learn scrap forging before you decide to make bad steel into a knife, only to have it shatter into pieces the first time you use it.
Forge your scrap into a knife by buying this book now!