Publisher: Solution Tree
Published: Feb 19 2021
Height: 0.90 Width: 7.00 Depth: 9.90
A long-awaited companion to the wildly popular HEART!, SOUL! empowers educators take another giant leap toward fulfilling their professional promise. Refreshing and uplifting, this resource leads readers on a deeply rewarding journey toward discovering their soul story--the pursuit of their moral good in order to create good in others. It also includes dozens of stories from real educators, as well as ample space for journaling and self-reflection.
Use this resource to examine and reflect with provided journaling spaces:
- Become more confident, joyful, whole, and healthy in your professional life.
- Explore the four actions of SOUL--searching, overcoming, unifying, and living--that will help you sustain a fulfilling professional life.
- Learn the concept of a soul story, diving into what it is and why it should matter deeply to all educators.
- Understand your own soul story, and reflect on how you can use it to create good in others.
- Learn how to overcome challenges and obstacles that hinder you from fulfilling your soul story.
- Discover how to create a positive school culture focused on meaningful relationships and collaboration.
Follow the discussion of SOUL! on Twitter by using the hashtag #heartandsoul4Ed
Table of Contents
About the Author
A Note to Readers
Part 1: Developing Your Soul Story
Chapter 1: The Soul Asks, Now What?
Chapter 2: A Perfect Pair: Heart and Soul
Chapter 3: In Loco Parentis
Chapter 4: In the Name of Social Justice
Chapter 5: The Second Mountain
Chapter 6: No Compassion, No Soul
Chapter 7: The Soul Story Whisperers
Final Thoughts: The PLC Life is a Seeking-System Life
Part 2: Developing Your SOUL Story
Chapter 8: Lost and Overwhelmed
Chapter 9: The Shallows
Chapter 10: SASHET
Chapter 11: Anger Never Wins
Chapter 12: Good Enough, For Now
Chapter 13: The Road Less Hardened
Chapter 14: A Season for Obstacles
Final Thoughts: Hatred Corrodes Your Container
Part 3: Developing Your SOUL Story
Chapter 15: E Pluribus Unum: Thriving in Community
Chapter 16: Beyond Bricks and Mortar: Belonging
Chapter 17: Beyond Collaboration: Intimacy
Chapter 18: Beyond Collegiality: Vulnerability
Chapter 19: Beyond Tolerance: Validation
Chapter 20: Beyond School: Community Engagement
Chapter 21: The Quietude Quest
Final Thoughts: Semper Fidelis
Part 4: Developing Your SOUL Story
Chapter 22: The Date Always Arrives
Chapter 23: Carpe Diem
Chapter 24: Mirror, Mirror
Chapter 25: Soul Story Courage
Chapter 26: Joy, Gratitude, and Grace
Chapter 27: One More Trip Around the Sun
Final Thoughts: Social Justice Is the PLC Life
Finding Our Slack Tide