Good Boundaries and Goodbyes: Loving Others Without Losing the Best of Who You Are
Publisher Price: $28.99
Publisher: Thomas Nelson Pub
Published: Nov 8 2022
Height: 1.00 Width: 5.70 Depth: 8.40
Relationships are wonderful . . . until they're not.
Join #1 New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst as she helps you stop the dysfunction of unhealthy relationships by showing you biblical ways to set boundaries--and, when necessary, say goodbye--without losing the best of who you are.
Is it unloving or selfish to set a boundary? Are Christians ever called to walk away from a relationship that's no longer safe or sustainable? Lysa TerKeurst deeply understands these hard questions in the midst of relational struggles.
But after thousands of hours of counseling intensives and extensive theological research that transformed the way she defined healthy relationships, Lysa is now more committed than ever to loving people well without losing the best of who she is. She wants to help you do the same. In these pages Lysa will help you:
- Understand the five factors to remember when implementing healthy boundaries.
- Determine the appropriate amount of personal and emotional access someone has to you based on how responsible they'll be with that access.
- Stop being misled and emotionally paralyzed by wrongly interpreted or weaponized scriptures that perpetuate unhealthy dynamics in difficult relationships.
- Overcome the frustrating cycle of ineffective boundary-setting with realistic scripts and practical strategies to help you communicate, keep, and implement healthier patterns.
- Be equipped to say goodbye without guilt when a relationship has shifted from difficult to destructive and is no longer sustainable.
- Receive therapeutic wisdom you can trust directly from Lysa's Christian counselor Jim Cress, who weighs in throughout the book.
You'll be relieved to learn that boundaries aren't just a good idea, they're a God idea.