Forgiving What You Can't Forget Bible Study Guide: Discover How to Move On, Make Peace with Painful Memories, and Create a Life That's Beautiful Again
Publisher Price: $15.99
Publisher: Thomas Nelson Pub
Published: Nov 17 2020
Height: 0.60 Width: 7.30 Depth: 9.10
If you've ever felt stuck in a cycle of unresolved pain, playing offenses over and over in your mind--if you've ever been hurt so badly that you don't know if you'll ever get past it--discover what the Bible really says about forgiveness and how to find the peace that comes from embracing it.
Forgiveness is a major part of the Christian faith. But how do we actually put it into practice when we're the ones who've been hurt? We know God commands us to forgive each other. But, apart from simply saying the words, I forgive you, many of us have unasked questions about it:
- How does it work? On our minds, souls, circumstances--what's actually happening when we forgive?
- Why is it so important, and what's the difference between forgiveness and simply moving on?
- When should I forgive, and are their exceptions?
- How can I find healing for myself, even if my act of forgiveness doesn't seem to change the person who hurt me?
These are just some of the questions that bestselling author and teacher Lysa TerKeurst explores in this six-session video Bible study (DVD/digital downloads sold separately).
This study will walk with you on a step-by-step process--through biblical answers, deep empathy, and the therapeutic insight that comes from Lysa's personal experiences--toward the grace of forgiveness and the freedom from the pain of past wrongs.
- What Am I Supposed to Do with All the Hurt?
- Your Mind, Your Mouth, Your Master
- The Divine Echo
- There's Always a Meanwhile
- The Compounding Effect of Unforgiveness
- This Isn't Easy, But It Is Good
Designed for use with the Forgiving What You Can't Forget Video Study available on DVD or streaming video, sold separately.