Publisher: Cool Springs Pr
Published: Mar 2 2021
Height: 0.50 Width: 8.00 Depth: 10.00
- Where do I put my new garden?
- How do I prepare the soil?
- What vegetables should I plant?
- Is it better to start new plants from seed or should I buy transplants?
- What about watering, feeding, and taking care of my garden?
- What do I do if bugs show up?
There are no stupid questions here. Everyone has to start somewhere, after all. Not only will you learn how to prepare, plant, and tend your first vegetable garden, you'll also learn:
- How to design an eco-friendly layout
- How to grow with the seasons
- How to maximize your harvest, even if you only grow in a small space
Jessica wants your first food-growing experience to be a positive one, and she's prepared to go the distance to make sure tending the earth becomes your new favorite hobby. A single growing season is all it takes to fall in love with growing your own healthy, organic, nutrient-dense food. With Jessica as your guide, you'll soon discover all the satisfactions, challenges, and great joys of growing your own food garden.
This book is part of The First-Time Gardener's Guides series from Cool Springs Press, which also includes The First-Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers and The First-Time Gardener: Raised Bed Gardening. Each book in The First-Time Gardener's Guides series is aimed at beginner gardeners and offers clear, fact-based information that's presented in a friendly and accessible way, including step-by-step instructions and full-color illustrations throughout.