Published: Aug 4 2015
Height: 0.18 Width: 10.10 Depth: 8.00
Read and find out about your five senses in this colorfully illustrated nonfiction picture book.
Sight, smell, taste, hearing, and touch--our five senses teach us about our world. Beloved author-illustrator Aliki's simple, engaging text and colorful artwork show young readers how they use their senses to smell a rose or play with a puppy.
This is a clear and appealing book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom.
As Children's Books and Their Creators put it: Aliki treats complex topics clearly and succinctly while providing lively pictures, with informative details and humorous elements often appearing in 'balloons.' Aliki's books continue to speak to today's young readers.
This is a Level 1 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores introductory concepts perfect for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visual
- acclaimed and trusted
- great for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same time
- Have appealing, child-centered topics
- Developmentally appropriate for emerging readers
- Focused; answering questions instead of using survey approach
- Employ engaging picture book quality illustrations
- Use simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skills
- Feature hands-on activities to engage young scientists
- Meet national science education standards
- Written/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the field
- Over 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids' scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.