Boating Skills and Seamanship, 14th Edition
Gifts & Stationery GeneralGeneral ReferenceBoating
Publisher Price: $35.00
Publisher: Mcgraw Hill Book Co
Published: May 17 2013
Height: 0.80 Width: 8.40 Depth: 10.80
Developed and refined through 40 years of Coast Guard Auxiliary training courses, Boating Skills and Seamanship is your perfect introduction to recreational boating's fundamentals. Great for beginning and intermediate powerboaters alike, it offers you the basics of choosing, equipping, and handling a small to midsize powerboat.
This updated edition of the Coast Guard Auxiliary's classic boating skills manual will answer all your questions on:
- Selecting the right boat--whether a 10-foot skiff or a 35-foot cruiser
- Essential equipment, both required and recommended
- The latest electronic navigation
- Personal Locator Beacons (PLBs) and private communication services, e.g., SPOT devices and others
- Stability and safe loading
- Boat handling and seamanship on coastal and inland waters
- Trailering a boat
- Navigation and the rules of the nautical road
- And much more!
Approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA), with chapter review questions and answers, Boating Skills and Seamanship is the ideal study and reference guide for anyone taking a state boating license exam or seeking better boating skills and knowledge.