The Fairchild Encyclopedia of Menswear
ISBN10: 1563674653 ISBN13: 9781563674655 Publisher: Fairchild Books Published: Oct 20 2007 Pages: 419 Weight: 2.74lbs. Height: 11.00" Width: 8.50" Depth: 1.25" Edition: 1st Edition Language: English
Men's makeovers are a staple of reality television, and male celebrities retain stables of stylists. Magazine publishers are busy beefing up their coverage of men's fashion and grooming. There is more interest over menswear then there's been in decades, yet there has been no comprehensive resource or reference until now. Witty and exhaustively researched, The Fairchild Encyclopedia of Menswear remedies that need for students, retailers, customers, journalists, would-be dandies, and anyone else who is interested in what men wear and why they wear it.
- More than 2,200 entries comprising biographies, industry slang, and technical jargon
- 250 images and a color section showing traditional menswear patterns and fabrics
- Portraits of male style setters ranging from Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley to Beau Brummell and Yves Saint Laurent
- Step-by-step diagrams illustrating the "how to" of necktie knots, plus how to tie a bow tie, an ascot, or a stock tie, and how to fold a pocket square
- Consumer intelligence on fiber and fabric care, including why a sweater pills and why super 100s cost more