The New Encyclopedia of the Saltwater Aquarium
ISBN10: 1554071828 ISBN13: 9781554071821 Publisher: Firefly Books Ltd Published: Feb 16 2007 Pages: 304 Weight: 3.25lbs. Height: 11.25" Width: 8.75" Depth: 1.00" Language: English
A comprehensive guide to creating a reef environment in the home aquarium.
Designed with the beginning hobbyist in mind, this richly illustrated reference introduces the hobby of marine aquariums in a practical way. Explaining the technology and terminology clearly, Greg Jennings relates the aquarium setting to that of the natural saltwater environment and offers fascinating insights into the biology and the behavior of the most popular marine fish.
Over 150 species of reef fish, invertebrates and algae are described: their distribution in the wild, size, behavior, diet, aquarium requirements and compatibility. A large, full color photograph appears for each featured species, with personal recommendations on the fish considered best for the beginner.
The New Encyclopedia of the Saltwater Aquarium covers:
- The natural history of saltwater fish
- The pros and cons of the latest in equipment and technology
- Saltwater aquarium setup and maintenance - starting out, water quality and temperature, tank decor, lighting and filters
- Feeding, general care and health matters
- An extensive illustrated selection of saltwater fish, invertebrates and algae.
A glossary, suggestions for further reading and a list of useful websites round out this complete reference.