Plant Propagation A to Z
Growing Plants for Free
ISBN10: 1554071704 ISBN13: 9781554071708 Publisher: Firefly Books Ltd Published: May 26 2006 Pages: 224 Weight: 1.60lbs. Height: 9.75" Width: 7.50" Depth: 0.50" Language: English
A handy and richly illustrated guide to all propagation techniques.
Plant Propagation A to Z has more than 500 photographs that illustrate both practical step-by-step propagation techniques and the plants themselves. The book introduces propagation in general and then describes the tools and methods used. There are extensive tables detailing which techniques are best suited to more than 1,000 garden plants and noting the best times for propagating.
The book also includes:
- Annotated step-by-step color diagrams
- Seed, cutting and division techniques
- Specialized propagation methods
- Temperature and moisture requirements
- Germination time and strike rate
- Guidance on specific techniques for each propagation procedure
- Recommendations for choosing the best equipment.
Easy-to-use and informative, Plant Propagation A to Z is an essential reference book and how-to guide for gardeners everywhere.