The Cake Decorator's Motif Bible
150 Fabulous Fondant Designs With Easy-To-follow Charts and Photographs
ISBN10: 1554072816 ISBN13: 9781554072811 Publisher: Firefly Books Ltd Published: Oct 7 2007 Pages: 256 Weight: 1.45lbs. Height: 8.00" Width: 6.75" Depth: 1.00" Language: English
150 tempting designs with no-fail instructions.
The Cake Decorator's Motif Bible presents 150 foolproof motifs to create that special cake for any occasion, from simple and fun to elegant and elaborate. Using easy-to-follow instructions and illustrated templates, the book takes the home baker through all the steps: from making the right amount of fondant or marzipan, to choosing and sizing a design and transferring it to the cake.
The book includes icing and fondant recipes, seasonal designs, patterns and borders, 3-D models, marzipan fruits and figures, and sugar flowers. Features include:
- 188-page design directory
- Large full-color photograph of the finished motif
- Black-line template size guides
- Dough gauge showing how much fondant to make
- At-a-glance color listing in recipes
- Flat, low-relief, three-dimensional and piped motifs
- Tips on application
- Mixing and matching motifs
- Designs graded for difficulty.
The Cake Decorator's Motif Bible is wiro-bound for easy lay-flat use. It provides innovative inspiration with complete and truly fail-safe instructions for unforgettable results every time.