Ahead of the Curve
ISBN10: 0768938716 ISBN13: 9780768938715 Contributors: Saunders, Amber C Publisher: Petersons Published: Aug 19 2014 Pages: 205 Weight: 0.65lbs. Height: 9.00" Width: 6.25" Depth: 0.50" Language: English
Navigating the high school years and getting a student ready for the next step in their education can be challenging for everyone involved.
Ahead of the Curve: What Parents Need to Know to Get Their Kids into College is a "college adviser in a book," keeping you and your child on the path to a successful college application and acceptance letter.
Peterson's comprehensive guide includes individual chapters to plan your student's path to college during grades 9 through 12. Tasks to be done include the following:
- 9th grade - The journey begins. Choosing a major and building a resume
- 10th grade - Avoid the sophomore slump. Get to know your guidance counselor
- Junior year - Standardized testing. College visits.
- Senior year - AP exams, recommendation letters, the Application Essay
Each section contains helpful checklists of tasks to accomplish each year, including questions to ask, tests to take, resources to utilize, and much more.
Also, this guide provides a valuable Appendix on:
- financial aid
- tutoring assistance
- test prep strategies
- choosing a major
- and staying organized and on deadline
Peterson's Ahead of the Curve will take the "Google-work" out of college preparation and give parents and students a user-friendly guide to the exciting journey from high school student to college freshman.