Creative Time and Space
Making Room for Making Art
ISBN10: 1600613225 ISBN13: 9781600613227 Publisher: North Light Books Published: Oct 14 2009 Pages: 143 Weight: 0.95lbs. Height: 8.25" Width: 8.25" Depth: 0.50" Language: English
How do you make room for making art?
Do you long to uncover secrets to sneaking more creative time into your day, or to making your studio the perfect place to unleash your artistic potential? Have you often wondered how successful creative types seem to manage both with ease?
In her inspiring follow-up to Living the Creative Life, author Rice Freeman-Zachery has gathered together a talented new group of artists to share their time-finding tricks and studio-savvy tips, to help you find your own Creative Time and Space. Whether you're looking to clear more space in your head for creative thinking, or to make the most of the time you do manage to sneak into your studio, the help you need is all right here.
- Discover ways to keep the creative part of your brain engaged even during activities such as shopping or doing "business work" on the computer.
- Learn how to budget your time by spending less of it surfing the internet and more time sketching out your next creative project.
- Pull yourself out of a creative rut with ideas from reorganizing your studio to remembering that mistakes can be fun to forcing yourself to try a new color palette.
- Obtain an insider look into the studios of several successful artists and get a glimpse of where they get to go to work every day and the rituals they use to get the juices flowing.
- Try out jump-starting exercises for your brain and unleash an entirely new creative direction.
Creative Time and Space is just the friendly push you need to work more of what you love (making art) into your life and to love whatever space you create it in.