Patricia Wells Presents the Cuisine of Joel Robuchon
ISBN10: 0688143563 ISBN13: 9780688143565 Publisher: William Morrow Cookbooks Published: Oct 1 1995 Weight: 2.20lbs. Height: 9.75" Width: 8.25" Depth: 1.00" Language: English
How can a good cook become a great cook? It's all in the details.
Becoming a good cook means learning principles that will last you a lifetime in the kitchen; with Simply French, you will never cook the same way again.
- Knowing when to season and how
- Appreciating the simple process of reducing a sauce
- Allowing meats and poultry to rest so they release maximum flavor
- The simple art of straining a sauce for a refined condensed flavor
- Knowing why dried herbs are no substitute for fresh
In Simply French acclaimed food critic and best-selling author of Trattoria Patricia Wells works side by side with award-winning French chef Joel Robuchon to distill the best of the French table for the American cook. Among the 125 exciting recipes youll find in Simply French are Potatoes "Chanteduc," a perfect Roast Chicken, Beef Tenderloin Roasted in Herb-Infused Salt Crust, Marbleized Chocolate Wafers, and Cinnamon-Chocolate Mousse.