Amulets and Talismans
Simple Techniques for Creating Meaningful Jewelry
ISBN10: 1600611613 ISBN13: 9781600611612 Publisher: North Light Books Published: Aug 11 2009 Pages: 143 Weight: 1.30lbs. Height: 10.25" Width: 8.25" Depth: 0.50" Edition: 1st Edition Language: English
Making Jewelry with Meaning
The things you collect - the ticket stubs, the coins, the pieces of shell from a beach - hold meaning and significance, reminding you not only where you've been, but also where you're capable of going. Making these items into wearable pieces of art - amplifying their power to become amulets and talismans - is a rewarding experience that's easy to do.
Working with the most basic of tools, you will learn cold-connection jewelry techniques to expand your creative process. In addition to basics like creating jump rings and using a file, you will also:
- Make your own hook and latch clasps
- Cut windows from sheets of metal
- Inlay designs into polymer clay
- Incorporate concrete into your work
- Achieve patinas with heat
- Journal your thoughts onto faux bone
- Turn paper pulp into realistic rocks
- Create "time capsule" beads from Plexiglas
- And much, much more
Discover the rewards of making your own amulets and talismans by learning new techniques to drive your creativity in an entirely new direction.