Pardon My Spanglish
ISBN10: 1594742138 ISBN13: 9781594742132 Publisher: Quirk Books Published: Sep 17 2008 Pages: 192 Weight: 0.70lbs. Height: 7.75" Width: 5.25" Depth: 0.50" Language: English
In Pardon My Spanglish, stand-up comedian Bill Santiago chronicles the quintessentially American alegr as of his mother tongue: the quirky, hilariously improvisational fusion of ingl s and espa ol spoken by millions (even if they don't know or admit que est n doing it). With crash-course efficiency, cada p gina de este libro empowers your every step toward Spanglish mastery. How can you not love Spanglish? Twice the vocabulary, half the grammarReaders will learn:
- The outlaw syntax of Spanglish (as observed by a comedian with no formal training in linguistics whatsoever)
- Advanced tricks of Spanglish conjugation ("to google" Yo googleo, t googleas, nosotros googleamos)
- The Top 10 Best Things About Being Latino (#6: Guaranteed part in high school production of "West Side Story")
- Why "People en Espa ol" should simply be called "Gente"
- Handy corporate Spanglish phrases, including "Feliz hump day"
- The secret Spanglish agenda of Dora the Explorer
- And mucho m s Full of dead-on observations about immigration paniqueo, "oprima el dos" backlash, and every politically incorrect sentiment in between, Pardon My Spanglish is essential reading for Latinos--and the Latino-curious.