The Name of the Wind
10th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
ISBN10: 0756413710 ISBN13: 9780756413712 Contributors: Dos Santos, Daniel (Illustrator) Publisher: Daw Books Published: Oct 3 2017 Pages: 729 Weight: 2.40lbs. Height: 9.25" Width: 6.25" Depth: 2.25" Language: English
"No one writes about stories like Pat Rothfuss. How the right story at the right time can change the world, how the teller can shape a life." --Lin-Manuel Miranda
This deluxe, illustrated edition celebrates the New York Times-bestselling series, The Kingkiller Chronicle--a masterful epic fantasy saga that has inspired readers worldwide.
- Beautiful, iconic cover by artist Sam Weber and designer Paul Buckley
- Gorgeous, never-before-seen illustrations by artist Dan Dos Santos
- Detailed and updated world map by artist Nate Taylor
- Brand-new author's note
- Appendix detailing calendar system and currencies
- Pronunciation guide of names and places DAY ONE: THE NAME OF THE WIND My name is Kvothe. I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep. You may have heard of me. So begins a tale unequaled in fantasy literature--the story of a hero told in his own voice. It is a tale of sorrow, a tale of survival, a tale of one man's search for meaning in his universe, and how that search, and the indomitable will that drove it, gave birth to a legend. Praise for The Kingkiller Chronicle: "The best epic fantasy I read last year.... He's bloody good, this Rothfuss guy."
--George R. R. Martin, New York Times-bestselling author of A Song of Ice and Fire "Rothfuss has real talent, and his tale of Kvothe is deep and intricate and wondrous."
--Terry Brooks, New York Times-bestselling author of Shannara "It is a rare and great pleasure to find a fantasist writing...with true music in the words."
--Ursula K. Le Guin, award-winning author of Earthsea "The characters are real and the magic is true."
--Robin Hobb, New York Times-bestselling author of Assassin's Apprentice "Masterful.... There is a beauty to Pat's writing that defies description."
--Brandon Sanderson, New York Times-bestselling author of Mistborn