Overcoming Binge Eating
ISBN10: 0898621798 ISBN13: 9780898621792 Publisher: Guilford Pr Published: Mar 10 1995 Weight: 0.75lbs. Height: 8.50" Width: 5.50" Depth: 0.75" Language: English
Written by Dr. Christopher Fairburn, an international expert on eating disorders, this unique book provides clinicians, sufferers, and interested others with an authoritative and accessible account on binge eating problems.
Overcoming Binge Eating provides all the information needed to understand the problem and bring it under control. Dispelling many of the myths associated with binge eating, Part One provides a comprehensive and up-to-date account of current knowledge about binge eating problems. Chapters address such issues as:
* How binge eating differs from everyday overeating
* Whether binge eating is an addiction
* How binge eating affects people emotionally and physically
* Ways those who binge can gain control Part Two of the book is a new self-help program based on the most effective strategies for binge eating problems. Designed to be used on its own or in conjunction with therapy, the program provides step-by-step guidance for: * Overcoming the urge to binge
* Gaining control of eating behavior
* Reducing the risk of relapse
* Establishing stable, healthy eating habits Presenting the most up-to-date information, as well as an effective program for treating those who binge eat, this book will be used by clinicians both as a comprehensive reference and as recommended reading for clients. Offering inspiration and insight, this book will help your clients empower themselves to deal with their binge eating problems, as well as the shame and isolation that characterize them.