America (The Book)
A Citizen's Guide To Democracy Inaction
ISBN10: 0446532681 ISBN13: 9780446532686 Contributors: Jefferson, Thomas (Foreword); Karlin, Ben (Editor); Javerbaum, David (Editor); BLOMQUIST, RICH Publisher: Grand Central Pub Published: Sep 20 2004 Pages: 227 Weight: 2.60lbs. Height: 10.75" Width: 8.50" Depth: 0.50" Language: English
- Since Jon Stewart took over The Daily Show in 1999, its ratings have soared and it now beats CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News among young adults in its time slot. In 2003, the show won two Emmy Awards and two Television Critics Association Awards. In 2001, the show won a writing Emmy and a Peabody for its 2000 election coverage.
- Jon Stewart is the author of the national bestseller, Naked Pictures of Famous People (Rob Weisbach Books, 1998). He is a media favorite and has been featured in such publications as the New York Times, Newsweek, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Entertainment Weekly and Rolling Stone.
- America (The Book) features lavish color illustrations, photographs, drawings, and charts.
- The book is timed to coincide with the height of the 2004 presidential election campaign, when public demand for political satire will be at its height.
- Available as a Time Warner AudioBook.