Another Brush with God
Further Conversations about Icons
ISBN10: 0819222984 ISBN13: 9780819222985 Publisher: Morehouse Pub Co Published: Oct 1 2009 Pages: 130 Weight: 0.75lbs. Height: 8.50" Width: 8.50" Depth: 0.50" Language: English
- Introduces readers to a more advanced level in icon development, exploring more complex imagery and skills
- Step-by-step instructions for painting icons, from original drawings through finished product
- Includes eight full-color plates of the author's original icons
Chapters and topics include:
- Introduction and contemporary reflections on iconography, spirituality, and technique.
- Highlighting folds on full-length figures, including black and white renderings of draped legs, arms, and torsos.
- Architectural and landscape renderings in Byzantine iconography, including background shadow and highlighting techniques, plus inverse perspective.
- Festal icons, involving multiple figures, landscapes, architecture, furniture, vegetation, and animals.
- Construction of heads, figures, and analysis of whole compositions, sacred geometry and proportion.