The Complete Book of Long-Distance Cycling
Build the Strength, Skills, and Confidence to Ride As Far As You Want
ISBN10: 1579541992 ISBN13: 9781579541996 Contributors: Pavelka, Ed Publisher: Rodale Pr Published: Sep 1 2000 Pages: 292 Weight: 0.80lbs. Height: 9.00" Width: 6.00" Depth: 0.75" Language: English
Ride Strong, Ride Long ... Whether Your Goal Is 30 Miles or 3,000
From Edmund R. Burke, Ph.D., and Ed Pavelka - two of the country's top cycling experts - comes the most comprehensive guide ever to achieving the strength, skills, and strategies you need for long-distance riding. Whether you're training for day rides, centuries, or cross-country trips, The Complete Book of Long-Distance Cycling helps you choose the right equipment, train step-by-step, and map out your riding strategy so that you can go the distance.
Discover how to:
* Make the most of every hour on your bike
* Build your mileage base efficiently
* Customize your training to suit your personality and physical capabilities
* Build extra training time into your hectic schedule
* Avoid injuries and the dangers of overtraining
* Achieve the mental edge you need to ride farther and faster
* Train for both road and off-road touring
* Choose cycling gear that goes and goes
* Eat for the long haul-- nutrition before, during, and after your rides
To help you achieve your riding goals, The Complete Book of Long-Distance Cycling gives you complete, step-by-step training programs for riding a half-century, century, double century, and beyond. You'll also find strategies and techniques for special situations, such as riding in bed weather and riding at night. Published by the world's leading authority on bicycling, this informative guide is a must-have for all cycling enthusiasts.