Burpee Basics Bulbs
A Growing Guide for Easy, Colorful Gardens
ISBN10: 0028626370 ISBN13: 9780028626376 Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc Published: Jan 1 1999 Pages: 160 Weight: 0.90lbs. Height: 9.00" Width: 6.75" Depth: 0.50" Language: English
Burpee Basics: Growing Guides for Easy, Colorful Gardens Down-to-earth handbooks for beginning gardeners "Our new series of concise gardening guidebooks continues Burpee's proud tradition of giving gardeners the essentials they need. These handy little books have a great deal in common with seeds: each one contains all you need to start a wonderful gardening experience.... Even the most experienced gardeners attend to the basic practices that you'll find so skillfully explained in these guides." ?George Ball, Jr., President of W. Atlee Burpee, from the Foreword Bulbs
A helpful, friendly introduction to the magical world of bulbs. The book was designed around the question most beginning bulb growers want to know: "When does it bloom?" The flowering classes are divided into seasonal bloom times, with a focus on widely available cultivars with basic cultivation needs.
- Jam-packed with accessible, quick-reference information on everything from bulb planting techniques to forcing bulbs and pest and disease control.
- Informative sidebars contain time-saving tips, practical garden advice, and solutions to common mistakes.
- Over 70 color photographs of bulb portraits and gardens, and instructional line drawings.
- Handy section lists mail order and garden supply sources and organizations.
- Includes U.S. and Canadian zone map.