Publisher: Tellwell Talent
Published: Nov 27 2020
Height: 0.44 Width: 5.50 Depth: 8.50
When we are children, people ask us what we want to be when we grow up. The question elicits all sorts of dreams as a kid-I want to be a ballerina or a firefighter or an astronaut. It becomes daunting as we grow up and start feeling pressured to make a choice that could affect the rest of our lives. What if we're not meant to follow just one path but, rather, pursue a squiggly line career that moves us across professions and industries?
Filled with examples of real life squiggly line careers and interactive exercises, this book challenges you to think beyond your job title and the traditional career path, introducing you to ideas such as:
- What is a squiggly line career
- How to embrace a squiggly line career
- How to leverage your squiggly line career
- How to stay squiggly throughout your career
It also provides tips and guidance for recruiters, human resource professionals and hiring managers, and makes the case for:
- How to attract a squiggly line career candidate
- How to overcome resistance to hiring a squiggly line career candidate
- How to tell the difference between a squiggly line careerist and someone who just can't hold down a job
A must-read for job seekers looking for their next squiggly step and for recruiters tasked with finding the perfect candidate for their roles, this book will change the way you think about careers and recruitment.