Publisher: Robert Rose Inc
Published: Mar 14 2014
Height: 0.74 Width: 7.10 Depth: 9.94
Diet is a huge priority for anyone living with Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis. The authors provide crucial guidance for families, friends and caregivers too in helping to manage IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) symptoms.
This updated second edition, in a very informative and easy-to-understand manner, provides all the necessary guidelines regarding the specific foods that might cause problems, as well as delicious and nutritious recipes that can be enjoyed without compromising this difficult condition.
The reliable answers from one of North America's top gastroenterology teams cover everything from the facts, causes and symptoms of IBD to the latest and most relevant information on drug therapies and surgical therapies -- in an easy-to-understand format.
With its informative charts and graphs the additional 25 new recipes provide sumptuous breakfast ideas like Banana Cinnamon Quinoa Waffles, comfort foods like Old-Fashioned Tuna Noodle Casserole and vegetarian favorites like Slow Cooker Squash Couscous.
Breakfasts, Breads and Muffins
- Orange Apricot Oatmeal Scones, Banana Bread, Oatmeal Pancakes
Snacks and Beverages
- Strawberry Orange Flaxseed Smoothie, Luscious Apple Butter
- Carrot and Ginger Soup, Beef Barley Soup, Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Warm Thai Chicken Salad, Scandinavian Pasta Salad
Meat and Poultry
- Spicy Peanut Chicken, Pork Chops with Peaches and Kiwi
Fish and Seafood
- Potato Pancakes with Smoked Salmon, Tandoori Haddock
Vegetarian and Vegan Entrees
- Spinach Frittata, Eggplant Pilaf, Asian-Style Baked Tofu
Pasta and Side Dishes
- Linguine Alfredo, Mac and Cheese with Tomatoes.