Moon Travel Guides: See the City with a Local
Bustling, modern, and hip, the Twin Cities are far from hibernating. See what makes them shine year-round with Moon Minneapolis & St. Paul.
- Explore the Twin Cities: Navigate by neighborhood or by activity, with color-coded maps of the most interesting neighborhoods in Minneapolis and St. Paul
- See the Sights: Browse contemporary art at the Walker Art Center and Sculpture Garden (and play mini-golf on the roof ), learn about local history at the Minnesota State Capitol, shop at the Mall of America, or stroll along the banks of Lake Calhoun
- Get a Taste of the City: Pop into a hole-in-the-wall Vietnamese restaurant on Eat Street, taste the flavors of Minnesota's Polish past, order from a fusion food cart, or grab a table at an innovative farm-to-table restaurant
- Bars and Nightlife: Catch a performance at the Dakota Jazz Club, sip fruity concoctions at a tiki bar, find the best spots for microbrews, or visit the Twin Cities' most popular gay bars
- Trusted Advice: Minneapolis local Tricia Cornell shares insider know-how on her two favorite cities
- Itineraries and Day Trips: Explore nearby Stillwater, Duluth, and Lake Superior, or follow city itineraries designed for budget travelers, outdoor adventurers, and more
- Full-Color Photos and Detailed Maps
- Handy Tools: Moon provides background information on the history and culture of the Twin Cities
Exploring more Midwest cities? Try Moon Chicago. Craving some fresh air? Check out Moon 75 Great Hikes Minneapolis & St. Paul.
From the pen of a Prairie Home Companion writer comes this inspired collection of well-known and lesser-known Minnesota oddities. Read about places such as Basshenge and the Home of Swollen Big Toe, events such as the Eelpout Festival, and phenomena such as the world's largest prairie chicken. 6 maps. 50 photos.
Ride Minnesota is a motorcyclist's guide to some of the most beautiful and exciting rides in the North Star State. The author and her husband rode every mile of each of the 23 motorcycle routes described in the book. They circumnavigated the state and set foot in all four corners. The book includes maps, photos and recommendations for hotels and restaurants.
Globe Pequot's Short Bike Rides "TM" series offers delightful short and moderate tours for all levels of cyclists. Each ride profile includes precise directions, excellent road maps, and vivid descriptions of the points of interest along the way. Also featured is "comfort" information -- the location of restaurants, bathroom facilities, and attractions located along the route.
Featuring a ride through Afton Park along the St. Croix River, a rail-to-trail trip along the Gateway Trail, and a scenic excursion along Lake Superior.
"Day-trippers should check this series -- some revised -- some new editions -- of Short Bike Rides..". -- Self
Celebrate the historic sites in the Twin Cities associated with women√s history and women√s contributions to the development of social and political life. This book will guide you to the must-see locations within the Minneapolis-St. Paul area.
Take an active role in your grandchildren's lives. Show them the best of Minnesota. Teach the valuable lessons you've learned throughout your years. Grandparents Minnesota Style is filled with insights and advice to help you along the way. The guidebook features more than 70 Minnesota attractions and activities, with tips on making each stop a bonding experience. If you're a grandparent who wants to play an instrumental part in your grandchildren's healthy development, this book is for you