- Communicate more accurately and precisely?
- Get to places other travellers don't?
- Do more than just 'get by'?
- Have fun and more authentic experiences? ...Then you need to Keep Talking Through 10 common scenarios plus culture and travel advice this advanced beginner level audio course will get you beyond the basics. - Practise the most frequent words and expressions for common travel situations
- Progress in your understanding of naturally paced conversations
- Personalize the language with interactive role-plays
- Perfect your pronunciation and sound more natural You'll progress in your understanding by working out language patterns for yourself, personalize your Korean with interactive role-plays and perfect your pronunciation to sound more natural. This advanced beginner Korean course contains an MP3 CD. You can download the audio files on this disc from your computer to your MP3 player or play it in an MP3 CD player. Also included is a handy phrasebook and a PDF coursebook for reading and writing practice. Keep Talking Korean - Ten Days to Confidence maps to A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages.
Rely on Teach Yourself, trusted by language learners for over 75 years.
This pocket-size phrasebook is a valuable travel companion for visitors to Korea. It presents more than 2,000 key words and phrases in Korean characters with phonetic pronunciations and English meanings. Using different color-coded page edges for each chapter, the book categorizes words and phrases according to themes that include communicating with hotel personnel, finding one's way around town, shopping, ordering meals in restaurants, dealing with money matters, seeking medical care, going to sporting and entertainment events, and much more. Also included are city, rail, and rapid transit maps, and general travel tips for visitors to Korea. The book's clear vinyl jacket gives the book extra durability for travel situations.
Korean Composition is the first book in English for students of Korean language aimed not only at enhancing their writing skills and overall linguistic competence, but also at organizing and developing their ideas and thoughts with grammatically, stylistically, and culturally correct expressions. The Essential Composition section contains chapters concerned with the writing of essays, diaries and letters, document preparation, and expository writing. The Advanced Composition section considers descriptions of impressions, writing poetry, newspaper accounts, writing articles and theses, and summarizing. Each chapter consists of numerous units designed to cover words, phrases, idioms, and grammatical patterns (with sentence examples). Exercises and a model writing example are included in each unit.Advanced students who need assistance in choosing proper topics and materials as well as in using diverse expressions in creative writing will benefit from the section on steps of composition and styles of writing. English translations of model writings, an index of useful grammatical patterns, and an English-Korean glossary are provided at the end of the text. Korean Composition is aimed at college-level students who have completed at least beginning and intermediate levels of Korean. For students using the Integrated Korean series, this text is recommended for use after the completion of Advanced Intermediate 2.
Over 63 million people speak Korean worldwide, and the Korean peninsula has become one of the globe's most important business and financial centers. This guide includes 5,000 bilingual dictionaries entries and a practical phrasebook with useful terms. Also included is a primer in the Korean writing system (Hangul), which is used in all entries along with the official Romanization taught by the Korean government. A pronunciation guide and a basic grammar also appear. Each of the 15 phrasebook chapters includes cultural information to assist travelers in situations such as dining out, shopping, transportation, and other times when clear communication is essential.
- Learn to read Korean writing with ease.
- Practical phrases help you converse with confidence.
- A lighthearted "guide" walks you through, bringing the language to life.
- The CD-ROM's native Korean speakers help you to speak Korean like a pro.
As the more than 1 million Americans who speak Korean can attest, the Korean language is here to stay, and generations of young (and older) adults are determined to learn it. This book is for people who want a grasp of how to speak, write and understand Korean--and who want to enjoy things while they're at it
Start speaking Korean the fun and easy way with Korean For Dummies, a no-nonsense guide to Korean culture and the basics of Korean language. Pick up basic phrases and commonly used words so that you can converse with Koreans in both business and personal situations. You'll learn Korean for everyday life and task-specific expressions for Korean on the go. In addition, you'll discover important and fascinating aspects of Korean culture.
This handy guide won't burden you with lists of grammar rules; just look up the phrases and cultural phrases that you need or read through the whole book for a general overview. You'll be able to place material in a daily context with cultural tidbits, phonetic spelling of Korean words, and the recorded Korean dialogues on the accompanying CD. Exercises will jog your memory and reinforce everything that you learn. Find out how to:
- Use basic phrases and words correctly
- Converse intelligently about Korean culture
- Do business with a Korean company
- Say task-specific expressions
- Pronounce Korean words
- Put material in a real-world context
- Make a good first impression with Koreans
Complete with lists of ten ways to learn Korean quickly, ten phrases to make you sound Korean, ten expressions that Koreans like to use, and ten things you should never do around a Korean, Korean For Dummies is your one-stop guide to speaking basic Korean and understanding the fundamentals of Korean culture.
- Students taking a Korean language course
- Self-study learners or those studying Korean with a tutor
- Heritage learners who wish to speak Korean more correctly
- Those who previously studied the language and wish to review and brush-up
- Anyone wanting to improve their Korean language ability
Each chapter provides clear grammatical explanations with charts and examples for each construction, showing how it is used in various contexts. All Korean words and sentences are given in both Korean Hangul script and Romanized form, with English translations to assist beginning learners. Fundamental concepts like honorifics, formal and informal speech styles, verb endings and complex sentence constructions are all presented in simple and clear terms to make these constructions accessible to learners at every level. Exercises at the end of each chapter reinforce the learning process.
- Contains 448 flash cards plus a 48 page index booklet.
- Learn 448 main words plus 1,792 related terms and 2,240 basic vocabulary items.
- Romanized pronunciation and English meanings given for all vocabulary items.
- Both Korean character forms and romanization are given.
Next time someone asks if you speak Korean, you can say Chugum hal chul amnida (Choe-guum hahl chuul ahm-nee-dah).*
With Korean in Plain English, you can speak Korean in no time Its easy-to-use pronunciation system and straightforward presentation of the basics of the language--with plenty of useful sentences--help you break the language barrier quickly and confidently. How? All the words and phrases in this book are written in Roman script--in plain English--in a form you can use immediately and in the right context. Instantly you'll know the basics of Korean, from polite pleasantries to the latest technological jargon.
Start on the right foot and speak Korean with ease:
Good morning Annyong hashim nikka (Ahn-nyong hah-sheem nee-kkah)
Thank you Kamsahamnida (Kahm-sah-hahm-nee-dah)
That was really a funny movie. Chongmallo usuun yonghwa imnida. (Chahng-mahl-loh uu-sue-uun yahng-hwah eem-nee-dah).
Please call the police. Kyongchal-ul pullo chuseyo. (Kyong-chahl-uul puul-lah chuu-say-yoe).
May I have some sauce, please? Sosu jom chushipshio (Soh-sue johm chuu-sheep-shee-oh).
You are beautiful. Tangshin-un arumdapgunyo (Tahng-sheen-uun ah-rume-dahp-guun-yoe).
This book is a complete guide for people who want to learn the Korean language, starting from the very beginning, and learn the alphabet and the correct sounds of vowels, consonants, and diphthongs. It was written for people who want an easy but systematic approach to the language. The writer is a non-native speaker who started learning the language from ZERO, just like you and spent years in Korea trying to reach a better level of proficiency in Korean. After a few weeks of study, you will study to recognize words, make sentences, and have simple (but miraculous) conversations with other Korean speakers