- Conjugations by tense, speech levels, and mood.
- "Model verb" system quickly identifies each verb's pattern.
- Sample sentences demonstrating the verb's correct usage.
- Free downloadable audio provides pronunciations for the verbs and 1,000 example sentences.
- Korean characters (Hangul) as well as romanized pronunciations to help English speakers.
- A two-color design makes quick reference easy.
Colloquial Korean provides a step-by-step course in Korean as it is written and spoken today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Korean in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
- additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary and bilingual glossaries
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Korean will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Korean.
Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.
Through authentic conversations, vocabulary building, grammar explanations and extensive practice and review, Complete Korean will equip you with the skills you need to use Korean in a variety of settings and situations, developing your cultural awareness along the way. What will I achieve by the end of the course?
By the end of Complete Korean you will have a solid intermediate-level grounding in the four key skills - reading, writing, speaking and listening - and be able to communicate with confidence and accuracy. Is this course for me?
If you want to move confidently from beginner to intermediate level, this is the course for you. It's perfect for the self-study learner, with a one-to-one tutor, or for the beginner classroom. It can also be used as a refresher course. What do I get?
-14 learning units plus verbs reference and word glossary and revision section
-Korean script (Hangul) used throughout- for real language immersion
-Discovery Method - figure out rules and patterns to make the language stick
-Teaches the key skills - reading, writing, listening, and speaking
-Learn to learn - tips and skills on how to be a better language learner
-Culture notes - learn about the people and places of Korea
-Outcomes-based learning - focus your studies with clear aims
-Authentic listening activities - everyday conversations give you a flavour of real spoken Korean
-Test Yourself - see and track your own progress *Complete Korean maps from Novice Low to Advanced Low level proficiency of ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) and from A1 Beginner to B1/B2 Upper Intermediate level of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) guidelines. The audio for this course is available for free on library.teachyourself.com or from the Teach Yourself Library app. What else can I use to learn Korean?
If you require an absolute Beginner course, you can try our Get Started in Korean Absolute Beginner course: 9781444175042 Rely on Teach Yourself, trusted by language learners for over 75 years.
-Explicit sex terms
-Raw swear words Dirty Korean teaches the casual expressions heard every day on the streets of Korea: -What's up? Wasseo? -Holy shit, I'm trashed. Ssibal, na manchiwi. -I gotta piss. Na swi ssayahae. -Who farted? Bangu nuga ggyeosseo? -Wanna try doggy-style? Dwichigi haeboja? -That bitch is crazy Heo nyeon michin nyeoniya -I could really go for some Korean BBQ. Na cheolpangui meokgospieo.
- An MP3 audio CD with native speaker recordings and a dedicated website.
- Rich and highly nuanced examples with brand new illustrations.
- Grammar notes
- Ample writing exercises with an accompanying answer key.
- Detailed examples of authentic dialogue.
- Plenty of writing practice.
- Korean language dialogues.
- English to Korean & Korean to English translation exercises
- Comprehension, vocabulary, and grammar exercises.
- Reading practice passages.
- Language keys for all activities.
- Accompanying audio CD.
- How to combine grammar points with each type of word.
- How it is similar to and different from related grammar points.
- Commonly used expressions.
- Things for learners to watch out for.
The example sentences for each grammar point use simple vocabulary that even a beginner will know. A perfect supplement to any Korean language textbook
- Over 2,500 practical phrases
- A practical English-Korean dictionary with over 2,000 terms and expressions
- Phrases for technology, WiFi and social media
- Essential expressions used for meeting people, starting conversations, and asking and replying to simple questions
- Manga illustrations to illustrate critical phrases and situations
- A pronunciation guide and grammar notes explain the basic sounds and sentence patterns of the Korean language
- Korea travel tips, cultural notes and much more