- Conjugations by tense, speech levels, and mood.
- Model verb system quickly identifies each verb's pattern.
- Sample sentences demonstrating the verb's correct usage.
- Free downloadable audio provides pronunciations for the verbs and 1,000 example sentences.
- Korean characters (Hangul) as well as romanized pronunciations to help English speakers.
- A two-color design makes quick reference easy.
Colloquial Korean provides a step-by-step course in Korean as it is written and spoken today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Korean in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
- additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary and bilingual glossaries
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Korean will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Korean.
Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.
-Explicit sex terms
-Raw swear words Dirty Korean teaches the casual expressions heard every day on the streets of Korea: -What's up? Wasseo? -Holy shit, I'm trashed. Ssibal, na manchiwi. -I gotta piss. Na swi ssayahae. -Who farted? Bangu nuga ggyeosseo? -Wanna try doggy-style? Dwichigi haeboja? -That bitch is crazy Heo nyeon michin nyeoniya -I could really go for some Korean BBQ. Na cheolpangui meokgospieo.
- An MP3 audio CD with native speaker recordings and a dedicated website.
- Rich and highly nuanced examples with brand new illustrations.
- Grammar notes
- Ample writing exercises with an accompanying answer key.
- Detailed examples of authentic dialogue.
- Plenty of writing practice.
- Korean language dialogues.
- English to Korean & Korean to English translation exercises
- Comprehension, vocabulary, and grammar exercises.
- Reading practice passages.
- Language keys for all activities.
- Accompanying audio CD.
- How to combine grammar points with each type of word.
- How it is similar to and different from related grammar points.
- Commonly used expressions.
- Things for learners to watch out for.
The example sentences for each grammar point use simple vocabulary that even a beginner will know. A perfect supplement to any Korean language textbook
- Over 2,500 practical phrases
- A practical English-Korean dictionary with over 2,000 terms and expressions
- Phrases for technology, WiFi and social media
- Essential expressions used for meeting people, starting conversations, and asking and replying to simple questions
- Manga illustrations to illustrate critical phrases and situations
- A pronunciation guide and grammar notes explain the basic sounds and sentence patterns of the Korean language
- Korea travel tips, cultural notes and much more