- Tips to enhance your treasure hunt
- The whys and how-comes of minted coins
- Hundreds of color images
Whether for pleasure or profit, the Picker's Pocket Guide is a real find
You're sitting at your desk in a classroom or in an airless cubicle, wondering how many minutes are left in a seemingly endless day, when suddenly your teacher or supervisor lowers the boom: She wants a research paper, complete with footnotes and a list of sources. She wants accuracy, originality, and good grammar. And - gasp - she wants ten pages You may be 16 years old or 60 years old, but your reaction is the same: Help
Take heart. A research paper may seem daunting, but it's a far-from-impossible project to accomplish. Turning research into writing is actually quite easy, as long as you follow a few proven techniques. And that's where Research Papers For Dummies steps in to help. In this easy-to-understand guide, you find out how to search for information using both traditional printed sources and the electronic treasure troves of the Internet. You also discover how to take all those bits of information, discarding the irrelevant ones, and put them into a form that illustrates your point with clarity and originality.
Here's just a sampling of the topics you'll find in Research Papers For Dummies
- Types of research papers, from business reports to dissertations
- The basic ingredients of a paper: Introduction, body, conclusion, footnotes, and bibliography
- Note-taking methods while doing research
- Avoiding plagiarism and other research paper pitfalls
- Defining your thesis statement and choosing a structure for your paper
- Supporting your argument and drawing an insightful conclusion
- Revising and polishing your prose
- Top Ten lists on the best ways to begin your research online and in print
Research Papers For Dummies also includes an appendix that's full of research paper ideas if you're stuck.
If you're tasked with writing a research paper, chances are you already have a lot of demands on your time. You don't need another huge pile of papers to read. This book can actually save you time in the long run, because it gives you the easiest, fastest, and most successful methods for completing your paper.
Take a personal guided tour of the silver market. Learn hot to sell without losing your shirt; how to make a smart decisions when you buy; the best kinds to invest in; traps and pitfalls to avoid; how to grade collectible coins; and much more. The interactive book includes handy pullouts with valuable insider information.
The Hillsborough River, which runs through the big population area of Tampa, is a popular site for leisure activities. Kevin McCarthy, author of more than 20 books about Florida, guides the reader and boater from the source of the Hillsborough River in the Green Swamp west of Tampa, through Hillsborough River State Park, then through the city of Tampa, to its mouth at the Gulf of Mexico. Both a history and a guidebook, "Hillsborough River Guidebook" features information on the wildlife and culture along the river as well as travel tips, with recommendations of places to eat and stay. Includes photographs and maps. The other books available in the series are "Suwannee River Guidebook" and "St. Johns River Guidebook."
Fully updated and vetted by industry leaders, the Standard Catalog of United States Paper Money, 35th Edition, is an indispensable reference to U.S. currency, offering complete coverage in an easy-to-use format.The new edition of this invaluable catalog features more than 1,000 color notes, essential descriptions and real-world values provided by experts in up to four grades for: - Large and Small Size Currency since 1861
- Gold and Silver Certificates
- National Bank Notes by type
- Pre-Civil War Treasury Notes
- Postage and Fractional Currency
- Military Payment Certificates
- Error Notes
- And much more
The Standard Catalog of U.S. Paper Money stands alone. No other reference contains the vast amount of images, type listings, and price values as found here.
- Actual precious metal weights for gold coins
- More than 24,000 actual-size illustrations
- Substantial price changes for German States and Great Britain
- Auction quotes for many rare coinage types
- Revised values for gold coinage throughout
- Full coin descriptions
- Accurate weights and measures
- 27,00 images for quick identification
- Significant prices changes for Italian States, German States, Scandinavia, British Colonial, Russia, France, Hungary, Transylvania, Austria and Cut and Countermarked coins.
The Standard Catalog of World Coins 1701-1800 is the coin catalog you've come to depend on and the one you can trust for the best in world numismatics. Add this new edition to your library today.