The coronavirus pandemic has provoked anxiety in all of us. Here's practical help for when cautious concern slides into panic, and fear starts to seem overwhelming.A compassionate look into managing anxiety disorders, simple phobias, panic disorders, and agoraphobia, Embracing the Fear offers effective techniques in visualization, meditation, and inner-dialogue. The book and audiocassette (sold separately) help us accept and change panic and avoidance responses, and assist us in identifying anxiety triggers.
LIVING, LOVING AND LEARNING is a delightful collection of Dr. Buscaglia's informative and amusing lectures, which were delivered worldwide between 1970 and 1981. This inspirational treasure is for all those eager to accept the challenge of life and to profit from the wonder of love.
This book is intended to change your mind about what is possible for you to achieve. By the time you finish reading the first chapter, you will be aware of the possibility of acquiring a wide range of new skills, talents, and aptitudes. By the time you finish the final chapter, you will have the tools you need to master an accelerated skill acquisition process -- the EMPRINT method -- that you can use to turn those possibilities into accomplishments.
The purpose of this book, then, is to provide you with tools that will enable you to identify and acquire (or transfer to others) desirable human aptitudes. The purpose of this preface is to introduce you to the approach we used to create the EMPRINT method, as well as to create other methods and self-improvement formats that are described in other books by the authors. We call our approach Mental Aptitude Patterning. Knowing at least a little about Mental Aptitude Patterning will enable you to better appreciate both how we created the EMPRINT method, and how the method can be used to enhance the skills of individuals, as well as of large groups of people.
In this major and comprehensive work, Buddhist meditation master and international speaker Sogyal Rinpoche brings together the ancient wisdom of Tibet with modern research on death and dying and the nature of the universe. With unprecedented scope, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying clarifies the majestic vision of life and death that underlies The Tibetan Book of the Dead. Sogyal Rinpoche presents simple yet powerful practices from the heart of the Tibetan tradition that anyone, whatever their religion or background, can do to transform their lives, prepare for death, and help the dying.Rinpoche shows the hope there is in death: how we can go beyond denial and fear to discover what it is in us that survives death and is changeless. He presents a lucid, inspiring, and complete introduction to the practice of meditation, to karma and rebirth, and to the trials and rewards of the spiritual path. He gives advice on how to care for the dying with love and compassion and offer them spiritual assistance.Rinpoche presents his own vision of the near-death experience from the Tibetan perspective. He explains in detail the "bardos," those states of consciousness after death that have fascinated and tantalized Western artists, psychologists, scientists, doctors, and philosophers ever since the publication of The Tibetan Book of the Dead in 1927.The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying is not only a spiritual masterpiece but also a manual, a guide, a work of reference, and a source of sacred inspiration. It has been written to inspire all who read it to begin the journey to enlightenment and so become "servants of peace," working in the world with joy, wisdom, and compassion to take part in safeguarding the future of humanity.
Are you and your spouse speaking the same language? While love is a many splendored thing, it is sometimes a very confusing thing, too. And as people come in all varieties, shapes, and sizes, so do their choices of personal expressions of love. But more often than not, the giver and the receiver express love in two different ways. This can lead to misunderstanding, quarrels, and even divorce.
Quality time, words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, and physical touch are the five basic love languages. Dr. Gary Chapman identifies these and guides couples towards a better understanding of their unique languages of love. Learn to speak and understand your mate's love language, and in no time you will be able to effectively love and truly feel loved in return. Skillful communication is within your grasp
- Do you sometimes wonder if your best friend is truly a friend?
- Does your boss try to control your every move?
- Does your fear of being left alone keep you in chronically hurtful relationships? If any of these questions sound familiar, you could very well be suffering from emotional abuse--the most widespread but also the most hidden abuse that women experience. This type of abuse is just as damaging as physical or sexual abuse. But there is help in this invaluable compassionate sourcebook. As a marriage, family, and child therapist who has grappled with these issues herself, Beverly Engel guides you through a step-by-step recover process, helping you shed the habits begun in childhood and take the first few steps toward healthy change. Using numerous examples drawn from case history and her own therapeutic expertise, Engel will show you how to - Recognize and understand the abusers in your life
- Identify the patterns that have kept you emotionally trapped
- Complete your unfinished business
- Decide whether to walk away from an abusive relationship or take a stand and stay
- Heal the damage of abuse by building self-esteem
- Break the cycle of abuse and open yourself to the promise of healthy relationships
This delightful book is truly a care package for the soul, full of practical wisdom for daily living and one hundred concise suggestions for healing and feeding the spirit.
FREDERIC and MARY ANN BRUSSAT are the editors of the Values & Visions