The Ayurvedic Cookbook gives a fresh new perspective on this ancient art of self-healing. Over 250 taste-tested recipes are specifically designed to balance each constitution, with an emphasis on simplicity, ease and sound nutrition.
These days, probiotic yogurt and other gut-friendly foods line supermarket shelves. But what's the best way to feed our all-important microbiome--and what is a microbiome, anyway? In this engaging and eye-opening book, science journalist Katherine Harmon Courage investigates these questions, presenting a deep dive into the ancient food traditions and the latest research for maintaining a healthy gut. Courage's insights include: - Meet your microbiome: What it is, how it works, and why it's essential for our immune system--and overall health
- Gut-friendly food traditions: A guided tour of artisanal makers of yogurt, kimchi, kefir, kombucha, olives, cocoa, and other vibrant, ancient foods from around the world that feed our microbiome (along with simple recipes for curious at-home cooks)
- Cutting-edge science: A first-hand look at some of the top lab facilities where microbiologists are working to better understand the human gut and how to feed it for good health Equal parts science explainer, culinary investigation, and global roadmap for healthy eating, Cultured offers a wealth of information for anyone interested in making smart food choices in our not-so-gut-friendly modern world.
- Acclaimed stage and screen actor Keith Michell delivers a cookbook filled with the fabulous recipes that keep him healthy, active, and in the spotlight.- Includes over 200 recipes, many appearing for the first time, as well as seasonal menu suggestions. - Answers the questions that too often obscure macrobiotic practices. - Revised, expanded, and newly illustrated edition of Practically Macrobiotic. In the latest edition of this unique cookbook, internationally acclaimed actor Keith Michell draws aside the curtain of mystery that too often obscures macrobiotics. With an inimitable and entertaining style, Michell shows that being practically macrobiotic doesn't have to mean a life of food denial and strict diets, but instead can provide a way to enjoy eating heathily from the vast variety of foods that nature supplies. With the understanding of someone who has taken to heart a new way of life, Keith Michell explains just what macrobiotics is all about. He has painstakingly sought answers to the many questions commonly asked about the macrobiotic diet. Practically macrobiotic in both senses of the expression, Michell is able to offer us refreshing and appealing explanations of the principles behind this lifestyle and way of eating. With over 200 delicious recipes--many of them appearing here for the first time--and original color illustrations by the author himself, Keith Michell's Practically Macrobiotic Cookbook gives full creative expression to a man who is always a star, whether on stage or in the kitchen.
Craig Sams' collection of recipes features brown rice in delicious macrobiotic dishes, including soups, salads, main courses, and desserts. The authors offer tasty recipes for sauces as well as other information and advice for making this nutritious grain a delectable part of your diet.Macrobiotic cooking is now widely recognized for its healing properties by the medical establishment as well as by culinary experts. One of the most popular and versatile whole grains, brown rice is often at the heart of a good meal. But it can also be used to enhance a wide variety of other foods in infinite combinations.
- Understand the central dietary principles, nutrition, and foods of a macrobiotic lifestyle
- Prepare macrobiotic menus and recipes
- Reduce your cravings for unhealthy foods
- Prevent or relieve numerous ailments with a macrobiotic diet
The definitive guide to incorporating a macrobiotic diet into your daily life
Do you want to make the most of macrobiotics? This practical guide uses a body, mind, and spirit approach to introduce you to the basics of this popular diet. You'll see how to use macrobiotic principles to enhance your health and happiness; prepare the right foods to increase your energy and fight off disease; and make lifestyle changes to support your new way of eating.
- Begin on the path to healthy living -- understand the science behind macrobiotics and how to apply the principles to your daily life
- Heal the macrobiotic way -- discover the foods and nutrients that influence good health and heal common diseases
- Plan for successful, non-stressful change -- create a macro-friendly kitchen, shop smart, and introduce new foods to the family diet
- Make marvelous macrobiotic meals -- prepare delicious, easy-to-follow recipes from breakfast to dessert and plan your weekly menu
- Take it on the road -- make healthy restaurant choices
- Round out your macrobiotic lifestyle -- get tips for exercise, creating a more nourishing environment, and developing a self-healing personality
Open the book and find:
- The basics of macrobiotic nutrition
- How to marshal your body, mind, and spirit to renew your health
- Ten tips for prompt, permanent weight loss
- Practical ways to eliminate cravings for unhealthy food
- More than 50 healthy, tasty recipes
- Time-saving cooking techniques
- Tips on managing your blood sugar with macrobiotic foods
- The right tools and equipment to stock a healthy kitchen
- A sample macrobiotic menu
Healthy food doesn't have to be boring In this cookbook, Lisa Turner adapts macrobiotic principles to the way we cook today, and turns healthy eating into a sensory delight. From Shrimp with Cilantro Walnut Pesto to Berry Peach Tart, you will find a wealth of creative recipes for every course of a mostly macro meal.
According to top nutritionist Natalia Rose, the secret to a beautiful lean body, youthful radiant skin, abundant energy, and a state of natural bliss is Life Force Energy. If we can properly harness and increase our Life Force Energy through simple dietary and environmental principles, we can experience radically improved levels of health, beauty, and happiness.
With Raw Food Life Force Energy's more than seventy irresistibly fresh and energizing recipes, you'll see amazing results, including:
- Effortless, abundant weight loss
- Glowing, healthy skin
- Markedly increased energy
- Fewer colds and flus
- A more positive attitude and increased mental acuity
Natalia Rose offers a new vision of how to honor and revitalize our bodies and become powerfully attractive inside and out. Raw Food Life Force Energy shows us how to break out of our destructive, energy-draining patterns of poor eating, unsuccessful dieting, and stressful living to lift ourselves to a whole new stratosphere of well-being.