- Take the most flattering self-portraits
- Be your own stylist to turn dull, cluttered photos into pretty lifestyle photography
- Capture adorable couple portraits
- Turn everyday moments, hobbies, and rituals into amazing photos
- Show off your favorite photos by turning them into handmade jewelry, home d cor, and gifts Packed with Elsie and Emma's happy spirit and unique style, A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book will inspire you to capture your days, your friends, and your dreams in beautiful photos
Jerry Spagnoli is one of the world's foremost daguerreotypists and this book brings together the last decade of his work, including selections from his Western Landscape and Anatomical Studies series and a comprehensive presentation of his documentary series The Last Great Daguerreian Survey of the Twentieth Century. Adopting a narrative form which unifies what at first appears to be disparate subjects, the viewer is led on a journey through a world distilled through the idiosyncratic perspective of the daguerreotype, a world which is both familiar and uncanny. Daguerreotypes have long been noted for their accuracy and veracity. In the hands of Spagnoli the technical limitations of the medium, the long exposures, odd tonalities, shallow focus and the necessity of large cumbersome cameras, are exploited to produce images which are at once completely objective yet intensely personal.
From Instagram star Aimee Song, creator of the popular fashion blog Song of Style, comes the very first how-to Instagram guide, breaking down the essentials to taking gorgeous photos and building your brand and following.
With over three million Instagram fans, Aimee Song knows a thing or two about taking the perfect Instagram photo. And Instagram is so much more than a platform for pretty pictures. It's the fastest-growing social media network with an engaged community, a major marketing tool for brands, a place where Beyonc drops her albums, and a hub where products can be bought with a simple double tap. Including everything from fashion, travel, food, d cor, and more, Aimee includes insider tips on curating a gorgeous feed and growing an audience.
In this ultimate how-to Instagram guide, you'll learn:
- How to brighten, sharpen, and filter your photos
- The best apps and filters
- How to prop and style food and fashion photos
- Ways to craft your voice and story on Instagram
- How to gain more Instagram followers
- Secrets behind building a top Instagram brand
- How to transform an Instagram hobby into a successful business
- Tips for driving revenue based on your following
Capture Your Style will empower you to become your own master mobile photographer, whether you're looking to launch an e-commerce business or simply sharing a gorgeous meal with your friends, turning even the most mundane moment into Instagold. This is a must-have reference for anyone interested in the ins and outs of stylish personal branding.
This book won't tell you how to take photographs. It will, though, teach you a much more difficult set of skills: how to be a photographer.
Passing on hard-earned lessons from a successful career in commercial, editorial and lifestyle photography, Demetrius Fordham shows how to snag the best internships and assistant roles, impress at an interview, develop an amazing portfolio, forge strong relationships with clients, and lay the foundations of your own successful career. Illustrated throughout with Demetrius' own duotone photography, dramatically typeset to appeal to visual thinkers, and presented in an appealing handbook format, this is the book that will launch the careers of the next generation of photographers.
- See the light (craft and shape it the way you want)
- Embrace the math (calculate ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and white balance)
- Consider visual storytelling (single vs. multiple image narratives)
- Master tricks for shooting in restaurants (window, bounce cards)
- Be a control freak (shop, prep, cook, style, and shoot)
- Turn passion into profit (work and get paid)
Part straight-forward practical advice, part stories from the field, with many of Scrivani's signature photos, this book will definitely make you hungry.
In contrast to the jargon-filled manuals that come with most digital cameras, The Beginner's Photography Guide presents step-by-step digital slr camera basics, while introducing and demonstrating a wide variety of techniques that will inspire the novice digital photographer.
Grouped together by themes -- color, composition, natural light, framing, and more -- each camera technique is broken down into an easy-to-follow step-by-step sequence, and features annotated photographs and suggestions on getting the best from digital slr cameras and taking eye-catching photos.
If you have a talent for snapping great pictures, why not turn your hobby into a lucrative business? You can take portraits in a studio or on location, submit photos as a freelancer to media companies or businesses, frame and display your favorite shots in a gallery, or record special events like weddings and sweet sixteen parties. No matter where your talents and interests lie, you can make a bundle from your work with this expert advice.
Whether you want to earn a little extra money or set yourself up as a full-time, professional photographer, all the information you need to succeed is inside.