The Windows 10 May 2019 Update adds a host of new and improved features to Microsoft's flagship operating system--and this jargon-free guide helps you get the most out of every component.
This in-depth Missing Manual covers the entire system and introduces you to the latest features in the Windows Professional, Enterprise, Education, and Home editions. You'll learn how to take advantage of improvements to the Game Bar, Edge browser, Windows Online, smartphone features, and a lot more.
Written by David Pogue--tech critic for Yahoo Finance and former columnist for The New York Times--this updated edition illuminates its subject with technical insight, plenty of wit, and hardnosed objectivity.
Right now is always the right time to become a Mac expert
It's never too late to become an expert on Macs--and this friendly, updated guide written specifically for the 50+ set is the easy way to do it Featuring larger text and figures, Macs for Seniors for Dummies takes you through all you need to know to get the most out of your Apple computer. It makes it simple for you to stay in touch with family and friends, enjoy your favorite music, TV, and movies, and hang with the younger generation using the latest social apps and video games.
Beginning with which Mac to choose for your needs, you'll learn about setting up your computer, understanding files and folders, getting the most from the latest operating system, navigating the desktop, and troubleshooting common problems. And once you've found your feet there, it'll be time to get creative with home movies and photography, chat face-to-face live on video, communicate through email--the sky's the limit
- Set up and customize your Mac
- Make FaceTime calls and send emails
- Store photos and files using iCloud
- Play video, movies, podcasts, and games
Macs are for all ages Show the Millennials in your life a thing or two and become a pro with yours today
Get to know and love your MacBook better than ever
So sleek, so cool. From the moment you slid it from the box, you wanted to learn as much as you possibly could about your new device. Whether you're a newbie or a Mac veteran, you'll find all you need right here--from initial set-up and customization to working with iCloud and the latest macOS features and apps--making it easy for you to accomplish everything you want with your MacBook.
Mac guru Mark L. Chambers is your friendly expert guide, walking you through the all the basics, including desktop navigation, file storage and security, and general maintenance, before showing you the more creative stuff like music and iMovie, as well as how to troubleshoot with ease. In this revised edition, he's also included extensive updates on the latest generation of MacBooks, letting you know what's changed and how you can use the most recent apps for enhancing your professional and creative output.
- Explore the latest macOS
- Increase your productivity and creativity with the newest apps
- Be an artist with Photos and iMovie
- Easily use your MacBook on the go, from work, to school, to client sites
Whatever cool thing you want to do with your MacBook, this book makes it easy to make it even cooler--so get started today
In early reviews, geeks raved about Windows 7. But if you're an ordinary mortal, learning what this new system is all about will be challenging. Fear not: David Pogue's Windows 7: The Missing Manual comes to the rescue. Like its predecessors, this book illuminates its subject with reader-friendly insight, plenty of wit, and hardnosed objectivity for beginners as well as veteran PC users.
Windows 7 fixes many of Vista's most painful shortcomings. It's speedier, has fewer intrusive and nagging screens, and is more compatible with peripherals. Plus, Windows 7 introduces a slew of new features, including better organization tools, easier WiFi connections and home networking setup, and even touchscreen computing for those lucky enough to own the latest hardware.
With this book, you'll learn how to:
- Navigate the desktop, including the fast and powerful search function
- Take advantage of Window's apps and gadgets, and tap into 40 free programs
- Breeze the Web with Internet Explorer 8, and learn the email, chat, and videoconferencing programs
- Record TV and radio, display photos, play music, and record any of these to DVD using the Media Center
- Use your printer, fax, laptop, tablet PC, or smartphone with Windows 7
- Beef up your system and back up your files
- Collaborate and share documents and other files by setting up a workgroup network
The only book focused on designing VMware vSphere implementations.
VMware vSphere is the most widely deployed virtualization platform today. Considered the most robust and sophisticated hypervisor product, vSphere is the de facto standard for businesses, both large and small. This book is the only one of its kind to concisely explain how to execute a successful vSphere architecture, tailored to meet your company's needs. Expert authors share with you the factors that shape the design of a vSphere implementation. Learn how to make the right design decisions for your environment.
- Explores the latest release of VMware vSphere
- Details the overall design process, server hardware selection, network layout, security considerations, storage infrastructure, virtual machine design, and more
- Debates the merits of Scaling Up servers versus Scaling Out, ESX versus ESXi hypervisor, vSwitches versus dvSwitches, and what the different storage protocols have to offer
- Illustrates the tools to monitor, to plan, to manage, to deploy and to secure your vSphere landscape
- Steps through the design decisions that a typical company may encounter, and questions the choices made
- Packed with real-world proven strategies, VMware vSphere Design examines how the virtualization architecture for your company should ideally look--and how best to achieve it.
Cut hardware costs, expand your capacity, and manage an entire fleet of virtual machines in your enterprise with the leading virtualization solution, VMware Infrastructure 3 (VI3), by applying the step-by-step instructions in Mastering VMware(R) Infrastructure 3. Packed with the technical details, best practices, and how-tos you need to install, configure, and run a virtual infrastructure at maximum efficiency, this guide is comprehensive and essential. Learn how to create and manage virtual networks and machines, configure every product in the VI3 suite, monitor resources and performance, maintain security, and much more.
Apple created iOS, the incredible operating system that their iPhones use. With so many apps and new features being added all the time, this book will help you to get started. Learn how to use this great modern system in a way that is suited to your needs. This handy guide will take you through the best apps, tips and tricks for everyday use and has a troubleshooting guide if you get into trouble. With step-by-step instructions and clear, practical text, a novice to the iPhone will learn everything they need to know.
Windows 7 is the number one operating system in the world and if you're eager to get started using all it has to offer, this value-packed eLearning kit is essential to your learning process. A complete Microsoft Windows 7 course, it includes a full-color printed book and a Dummies interactive eLearning course on CD. Each lesson opens with an introduction to the content and explains the importance and potential uses for every task described.
Featuring both written and animated step-by-step how-tos, practice labs, helpful videos, numerous examples, and a host of Dummies hints and tips, this package makes your learning process easier. Follow the material sequentially or jump in and out as you wish?it's set up so you can learn at your own pace. Throughout, you will benefit from illustrations, animations, voiceover explanations, and the option of closed captioning if you find you learn better when you can read the instructions.
- Helps self-motivated learners get familiar with the most popular operating system in the world: Windows 7
- Includes an easy-to-follow, full-color book and an interactive Dummies eLearning Course that corresponds with the book on CD
- Allows you to follow the material sequentially or choose separate sections at your own time and pace
- Offers chapter summaries, practice exercises, discussions of concepts and essential terms, and much more
Windows 7 eLearning Kit For Dummies is the ultimate guide to a productive and flexible learning experience.
NOTE: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of the e-book file, but are available for download after purchase.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Your full-color go-to guide--covering the final version of Windows 8
Get started enjoying the innovative features of Microsoft's latest operating system release on any device quickly and easily with Windows 8 Kickstart. Loaded with crisp, full-color screenshots, this practical, visual guide focuses on the best ways to maximize the operating system's capabilities. Customize and secure your system, manage files, browse the Web, download apps, enjoy multimedia, manage photos, connect to social media networks, and much more. Tips, Notes, Warnings, and Now You Know sidebars offer solutions to potential pitfalls and veteran insight helps you get the most out of Windows 8.
- Configure and customize Windows 8
- Manage your desktop
- Organize files with Windows Explorer
- Keep Windows 8 up to date and secure
- Get started with Windows 8-style apps
- Surf the web
- Connect with social media and instant messaging
- View and manage photos
- Play music, video, and games
- Print files and manage devices