A guide to using the Flash authoring tool covers such topics as modifying graphics, working with symbols, frame-by-frame animations, building buttons for interactivity, and adding sound.
Time-tested advice on Windows 10
Windows 10 For Dummies remains the #1 source for readers looking for advice on Windows 10. Expert author Andy Rathbone provides an easy-to-follow guidebook to understanding Windows 10 and getting things done based on his decades of experience as a Windows guru.
Look inside to get a feel for the basics of the Windows interface, the Windows apps that help you get things done, ways to connect to the Internet at home or on the go, and steps for customizing your Windows 10 experience from the desktop wallpaper to how tightly you secure your computer.
- Manage user accounts
- Customize the start menu
- Find and manage your files
- Connect to a printer wirelessly
Revised to cover the latest round of Windows 10 updates, this trusted source for unleashing everything the operating system has to offer is your first and last stop for learning the basics of Windows
The only book focused on designing VMware vSphere implementations.
VMware vSphere is the most widely deployed virtualization platform today. Considered the most robust and sophisticated hypervisor product, vSphere is the de facto standard for businesses, both large and small. This book is the only one of its kind to concisely explain how to execute a successful vSphere architecture, tailored to meet your company's needs. Expert authors share with you the factors that shape the design of a vSphere implementation. Learn how to make the right design decisions for your environment.
- Explores the latest release of VMware vSphere
- Details the overall design process, server hardware selection, network layout, security considerations, storage infrastructure, virtual machine design, and more
- Debates the merits of Scaling Up servers versus Scaling Out, ESX versus ESXi hypervisor, vSwitches versus dvSwitches, and what the different storage protocols have to offer
- Illustrates the tools to monitor, to plan, to manage, to deploy and to secure your vSphere landscape
- Steps through the design decisions that a typical company may encounter, and questions the choices made
- Packed with real-world proven strategies, VMware vSphere Design examines how the virtualization architecture for your company should ideally look--and how best to achieve it.
Apple created iOS, the incredible operating system that their iPhones use. With so many apps and new features being added all the time, this book will help you to get started. Learn how to use this great modern system in a way that is suited to your needs. This handy guide will take you through the best apps, tips and tricks for everyday use and has a troubleshooting guide if you get into trouble. With step-by-step instructions and clear, practical text, a novice to the iPhone will learn everything they need to know.
In early reviews, geeks raved about Windows 7. But if you're an ordinary mortal, learning what this new system is all about will be challenging. Fear not: David Pogue's Windows 7: The Missing Manual comes to the rescue. Like its predecessors, this book illuminates its subject with reader-friendly insight, plenty of wit, and hardnosed objectivity for beginners as well as veteran PC users.
Windows 7 fixes many of Vista's most painful shortcomings. It's speedier, has fewer intrusive and nagging screens, and is more compatible with peripherals. Plus, Windows 7 introduces a slew of new features, including better organization tools, easier WiFi connections and home networking setup, and even touchscreen computing for those lucky enough to own the latest hardware.
With this book, you'll learn how to:
- Navigate the desktop, including the fast and powerful search function
- Take advantage of Window's apps and gadgets, and tap into 40 free programs
- Breeze the Web with Internet Explorer 8, and learn the email, chat, and videoconferencing programs
- Record TV and radio, display photos, play music, and record any of these to DVD using the Media Center
- Use your printer, fax, laptop, tablet PC, or smartphone with Windows 7
- Beef up your system and back up your files
- Collaborate and share documents and other files by setting up a workgroup network
Completely updated to cover the latest features and capabilities of the iMac, this handy guide is packed with useful tips, full-color screenshots, and savvy advice to show you how to get the most out of your iMac. You'll find cool information on iMacs as well as the new iLife '11 suite (Garageband, iMovie, and iPhoto) and the exciting OS X Lion operating system. Veteran author Guy Hart-Davis shows you how to set up and customize your iMac so that it will work best for you, plus he shows you how to get more from your iMac, whether you're switching from an older Mac or migrating from Windows.
- Explores the best ways to maximize the amazing speed and impressive graphics of the new iMac
- Highlights all the bells and whistles of the new iMac, including the new Magic Mouse, iLife applications, and the new OS
- Provides you with the most up-to-date, accessible, useful information on the most used features of the iMac
- Covers troubleshooting and maintaining your iMac and its related hardware and software
Arm yourself with the most accessible, useful information possible with iMac Portable Genius, Third Edition by your side.
The bestselling guide to your new Samsung
This book documents all the features and capabilities of Samsung Galaxy S10 device, approaching them from the point of view of a user who is intimidated by the technology and baffled by the documentation and online support that comes with the phones. All aspects of the suite of devices are covered, from setup and configuration, to extensive use of the phone features and capabilities: texting, e-mailing, accessing the Internet, maps, navigation, camera and video, social networking, taking pictures, watching movies, downloading apps, synching with a PC, and expanding the phone's potential with new software releases.
The accessible and fun writing style provides clear direction and doesn't hinder the book's important content and coverage. Readers will keep this book close by, referring to it often as they explore the features of their new Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone.
- Navigate your phone
- Use mobile data technology
- Send and receive messages
- Have fun with apps
If you're baffled by the documentation and online support that comes with your phone, your solution is here
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Tap into the power of Windows 8
Maximize the versatile features of Windows 8 on all your devices with help from this hands-on guide. Discover how to customize settings, use the new Start screen and Charms bar, work with gestures on a touchscreen PC, organize and sync data in the cloud, and set up a network. How to Do Everything Windows 8 covers email, video conferencing, web access, peripheral devices, security, and troubleshooting. You'll also get tips for using the entertainment apps to enjoy music, video, photos, games, and much more.
- Customize Windows 8, group tiles on the Start screen, pin icons to the taskbar, and change settings
- Manage and back up your files and sync them to the cloud
- Share files with a Windows 8 Homegroup
- Surf the web with both versions of Internet Explorer 10, use tabs, organize favorites, and protect your privacy online
- Print, scan, and fax with Windows 8
- Communicate via built-in apps--Mail and Messaging--and add Skype
- Connect to social networks, including Facebook and Twitter, using the People app
- Enjoy the Music and Video apps and the Xbox Music free streaming service and video store
- View, manage, and share photos with the new Photos app--including your Facebook, Flickr, and SkyDrive photos
- Use all the built-in Windows 8 apps and get more from the Windows Store
- Keep Windows 8 running smoothly and securely
- Troubleshoot problems and reset or recover your PC
Unleash the power of your iPhone
The iPhone you carry in your pocket or purse gives you enormous power to get things done. It puts you within easy reach of your family and friends, provides instant access to your favorite music, TV, and movies, lets you to follow and react to news and events, and makes it possible to share your life in pictures and video with anyone in the world--all within seconds. And this is just scratching the surface of what it can do
This updated edition of iPhone for Dummies covers the latest versions of the device and the latest version of the iOS operating system. Beginning with how to get started with a new phone--navigating the settings, hooking up to wifi, sharing audio and video -- you'll also find out the many ways in which the iPhone's tools and applications can bring an extra dimension to all aspects of your life.
- Explore the latest version of iOS
- Change your life with must-have apps
- Get artsy with photos, videos, and creative applications
- Troubleshoot common problems with ease
Whether you're just getting started or want to get even more from your iPhone, this book puts all the power in your hands