Featuring original artwork by Miran Lipovaca.
Python is a powerful programming language that's easy to learn and fun to play with. But once you've gotten a handle on the basics, what do you do next?Python Playground is a collection of imaginative programming projects that will inspire you to use Python to make art and music, build simulations of real-world phenomena, and interact with hardware like the Arduino and Raspberry Pi. You'll learn to use common Python tools and libraries like numpy, matplotlib, and pygame to do things like:
-Generate Spirograph-like patterns using parametric equations and the turtle module
-Create music on your computer by simulating frequency overtones
-Translate graphical images into ASCII art
-Write an autostereogram program that produces 3D images hidden beneath random patterns
-Make realistic animations with OpenGL shaders by exploring particle systems, transparency, and billboarding techniques
-Construct 3D visualizations using data from CT and MRI scans
-Build a laser show that responds to music by hooking up your computer to an Arduino Programming shouldn't be a chore. Have some solid, geeky fun with Python Playground. The projects in this book are compatible with both Python 2 and 3.
The number of applications in the Apple app store is growing at a staggering rate. Want to get in the game, but don't know iOS? This book-and-DVD package will help With even little or no prior programming experience, you can learn the code necessary to build an app by following the how-to instructions in this book-and-video combo. Comprised of clear, no-nonsense lessons, the book walks you through each tutorial and then encourages you to work through simple exercises so that you can immediately apply what you just learned.
These lessons are backed by video demonstrations on the accompanying DVD to further illustrate the instruction and drive home the main points. In addition, the book's appendices contain helpful information such as obtaining a device UDID, testing, and distributing an app and also lists common reasons why applications are rejected, so you can prepare to take precautionary measures to avoid these instances.
- Introduces iOS and helps you set up a development environment
- Highlights the basics of object-oriented programming principles as well as key objective-C concepts
- Examines Cocoa touch and the Cocoa touch framework, including using various classes in the UIKit and Foundation frameworks
- Looks at advanced concepts such as tab bars, web views, the Accelerometer, Google maps, Core Location, and more
With this book-and-video package, you'll learn how to plan, create, and launch apps for the iPhone and iPad that are ready for submission to the App Store
Note: As part of the print version of this title, video lessons are included on DVD. For e-book versions, video lessons can be accessed at wrox.com using a link provided in the interior of the e-book.
Visual Basic in easy steps, 6th edition gives you code examples, screenshots, and step-by-step instructions that illustrate each aspect of Visual Basic so you'll be creating your own interactive applications in no time .
You need have no previous knowledge of any programming language so it's ideal if you're a newcomer to Windows programming. Each chapter builds your knowledge of Visual Basic. By the end of this book you will have gained a sound understanding of Visual Basic programming and be able to create your own interactive applications.
Visual Basic in easy steps, 6th edition has an easy-to-follow style that will appeal to anyone who wants to begin Windows programming. It will appeal to programmers who want to quickly learn the latest Visual Basic techniques, and to the student who is studying computing at school or college, and to those seeking a career in Information Technology who needs a thorough understanding of Visual Basic programming.
Want to write iOS apps or desktop Mac applications? This introduction to programming and the Objective-C language is your first step on the journey from someone who uses apps to someone who writes them.
Based on Big Nerd Ranch's popular Objective-C Bootcamp, Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide covers C, Objective-C, and the common programming idioms that enable developers to make the most of Apple technologies. Compatible with Xcode 5, iOS 7, and OS X Mavericks (10.9), this guide features short chapters and an engaging style to keep you motivated and moving forward. At the same time, it encourages you to think critically as a programmer.
Here are some of the topics covered:
- Using Xcode, Apple's documentation, and other tools
- Programming basics: variables, loops, functions, etc.
- Objects, classes, methods, and messages
- Pointers, addresses, and memory management with ARC
- Properties and Key-Value Coding (KVC)
- Class extensions
- Classes from the Foundation framework
- Delegation, target-action, and notification design patterns
- Key-Value Observing (KVO)
- Runtime basics
- Using Rust's memory safety guarantees to build fast, safe programs
- Testing, error handling, and effective refactoring
- Generics, smart pointers, multithreading, trait objects, and advanced pattern matching
- Using Cargo, Rust's built-in package manager, to build, test, and document your code and manage dependencies
- How best to use Rust's advanced compiler with compiler-led programming techniques You'll find plenty of code examples throughout the book, as well as three chapters dedicated to building complete projects to test your learning: a number guessing game, a Rust implementation of a command line tool, and a multithreaded server. New to this edition: An extended section on Rust macros, an expanded chapter on modules, and appendixes on Rust development tools and editions.
Don't just play computer games with your kids--build them All you need is a desktop or laptop with Adobe 10.2 or later, and an internet connection to download Scratch 2.0 and Python 3. Coding with Scratch can be done without download on https: //scratch.mit.edu.
Help Your Kids with Computer Coding is a straightforward, visual guide to helping kids understand the basics of computer coding using Scratch and Python coding languages. Essential coding concepts like scripts, variables, and strings are explained using build-along projects and games.
Kids can create online games to play like Monkey Mayhem and Bubble Blaster, draw mazes and shapes, build animations, and more using the step-by-step examples to follow and customize. Seven projects let kids--and their parents--practice the skills as they are learning in each section of the book. Kids get instant results, even when completely new to coding.
Packed with visual examples, expert tips, a glossary of key terms, and extras such as profiles of famous coders, Help Your Kids with Computer Coding lays a hands-on foundation for coding so adults and kids can learn together.
Supporting STEM education initiatives, computer coding teaches kids how to think creatively, work collaboratively, and reason systematically, and is quickly becoming a necessary and sought-after skill. DK's computer coding books are full of fun exercises with step-by-step guidance, making them the perfect introductory tools for building vital skills in computer programming.
- Explores the latest syntax: nullish coalescing, optional chaining, let and const, class syntax, private methods, private fields, new.target, numeric separators, BigInt, destructuring, default parameters, arrow functions, async functions, await, generator functions, ... (rest and spread), template literals, binary and octal literals, ** (exponentiation), computed property/method names, for-of, for-await-of, shorthand properties, and others
- Details the new features and patterns including modules, promises, iteration, generators, Symbol, Proxy, reflection, typed arrays, Atomics, shared memory, WeakMap, WeakSet, and more
- Highlights common pitfalls and explains how to avoid them
- Shows how to follow the improvements process and even participate in the process yourself
- Explains how to use new features even before they're widely supported
iPad app development is hot, with more than 140,000 apps available specifically for the device and that number growing every day. The introduction of iOS 5 and iCloud gives developers even more options to create incredible iPad apps. This fast and friendly guide to iPad app development is fully updated for the most recent upgrades and covers everything you need to know, starting with how to download the SDK and become an Apple developer all the way to finishing up your app and submitting it to the App Store.
- Zeroes in on essential concepts and tools including storyboard, segues, the ARC memory manager, what makes a great iPad app, and more
- Explains how the iPad offers development opportunities that go beyond the capabilities of the iPhone or iPod touch by focusing exclusively on developing apps for the iPad
- Looks at how iOS 5 and iCloud brought many changes to the device and a wealth of new features for app developers to utilize in their apps
- Covers how to become a registered Apple developer, how to download and set up the SDK, and the details of how an iPad app runs
- Popular developer Neal Goldstein examines what goes into a great user experience and takes you step by step through the actual development of two apps, illustrating everything you need to know
Whether you're looking for a new hobby or you want to build a business in app development, iPad Application Development For Dummies, 3rd Edition is the book you'll want in your developer's toolkit