This brand-new series from American Mensa(R) is guaranteed to get your blood pumping and your brain racing. With one hundred fresh puzzles to choose from, toss the book in your bag to exercise your mind on-the-go, or relax and attempt a couple before bed--whatever it takes to keep your wits sharpened and in shapeWe all know that brain games can help improve memory, concentration, creativity, reasoning, and problem-solving skills, and overall keep your brain young. Have fun with these smart, creative games all while toning your mind muscles. Mix up your workouts with this inviting variety of word and logic puzzles revolving around the world of sports and outdoor activities. Puzzles include: -Word Sudoku
-Riddles/short text games
In December 1913, the New York World newspaper published the first crossword in history. It appeared in their Sunday supplement, "Fun." A century later, this absorbing puzzle continues to attract (and infuriate) millions of devotees every day. But the world's most popular--and seemingly mundane--pastime has a surprising history, filled with intrigue and adventure.
Paolo Bacilieri's FUN transports us from turn-of-the-century New York to present-day Milan, taking in stories of ingenious puzzle makers, ardent solvers, and intellectual luminaries. Part detective story, part docudrama, and interlaced with a fiction of Bacilieri's own imagining, FUN questions the crossword's "harmless" status. Sure, it's fun--but could it also be a form of resistance, of cryptic communication, of espionage?
The second volume of this brand-new puzzle book features 200 logic questions of varying types and difficulty.Mental workout warriors and logic lovers will adore The Everything Book of Logic Puzzles Volume II. You'll learn ten different kinds of puzzles and how to solve each, with the difficulty slowly increasing from basic to expert as you go along. And every single puzzle is specifically designed to improve memory, vocabulary, and logical reasoning. With increasingly difficult puzzles ranging from introductory to fiendish, and comprehensive answers to explain each puzzle, this book is perfect for puzzlers of all ages and skill levels
- Almost 90 puzzles celebrating America'scaves and mountains, local foods and hometown heroes, and everything in between.
- Spiral binding allows the book to lie flat as you search for words.
- Answer key in the back.
- 192 pages
- More than 80 word search puzzles.
- Topics include: Easter Island, the plot to assassinate Truman, lacrosse, Coco Chanel, absinthe, and much more.
- Each puzzle is paired with a summary of an article from The Book of Amazing History, ISBN-13: 978-1450807456.
- Spiral binding allows the book to lay flat while in use.
- Complete answer key found at the back of the book.
- 192 pages
Do your observation skills rival those of Sherlock Holmes? Solve more than 80 word search puzzles based on the great detective's stories Puzzles are based on your favorite characters and passages from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes as well as The Hound of the Baskervilles. Stuck on a puzzle? A two-color answer key can be found in the back. 192 pages
Celebrate America's founding documents with Brain Games Word Search Puzzles: The U.S. Constitution and The Declaration of Independence.
- Includes 84 word searches based on the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation, the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. Read complete excerpts, then search for the words in all capitals within the grids.
- Brush up on U.S. history while taking a relaxing puzzle break.
- Each puzzle is laid out over a full 2-page spread.
- A complete answer key is located in the back of the book.
- Spiral binding allows book to lay flat while in use.
- 192 pages
- Discover more than 80 large print word search puzzles that contain prayers from the book of Psalms.
- This inspirational puzzle book gives you a new way to learn about the Bible.
- Answer key in the back of the book.
- Spiral bound, 192 pages
SCRABBLE game fans, beginners and pros, here's the book you've been waiting for: the first-ever SCRABBLE how-to book written by the National SCRABBLE Association. Now you can become a better player at every level of skill. Learn:
Basic play-making for surefire results
How to turn your worst nightmare-- "Q"-- into your best friend: a winners' list of "Q" words with and without "U"
How to become an expert by using the terrific "twos"-- a complete list of two-letter words that can boost your scoring average by thirty to forty points per game
How to maximize your score with bonus squares and parallel play-- including triple triples, the pinnacle of SCRABBLE scoring success
How to make more seven-letter plays-- and earn a fifty point bonus
A step-by-step guide to board strategy and secrets to getting better tiles
How to get your words' worth with high-point tiles "J", "X" and "Z"-- a list of three and four-letter words
Acceptable words with no vowels
How the world's greatest players win their games-- fifteen examples of outstanding SCRABBLE play
This extensively illustrated official guidebook brings you all the facets of the game and the entire worldwide SCRABBLE culture, including the clubs, tournaments, champions and rules, plus a complete history of the game and a rare interview with SCRABBLE's inventor, the late Alfred Mosher Butts.