This brand-new series from American Mensa(R) is guaranteed to get your blood pumping and your brain racing. With one hundred fresh puzzles to choose from, toss the book in your bag to exercise your mind on-the-go, or relax and attempt a couple before bed--whatever it takes to keep your wits sharpened and in shapeWe all know that brain games can help improve memory, concentration, creativity, reasoning, and problem-solving skills, and overall keep your brain young. Have fun with these smart, creative games all while toning your mind muscles. Mix up your workouts with this inviting variety of word and logic puzzles revolving around the world of sports and outdoor activities. Puzzles include: -Word Sudoku
-Riddles/short text games
- Discover more than 80 large print word search puzzles that contain prayers from the book of Psalms.
- This inspirational puzzle book gives you a new way to learn about the Bible.
- Answer key in the back of the book.
- Spiral bound, 192 pages
Do your observation skills rival those of Sherlock Holmes? Solve more than 80 word search puzzles based on the great detective's stories Puzzles are based on your favorite characters and passages from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes as well as The Hound of the Baskervilles. Stuck on a puzzle? A two-color answer key can be found in the back. 192 pages
Got a moment to spare? On a long journey? Want to keep your brain in tip top shape? Then dip into this large print puzzle book, containing loads of fun word search puzzles, presented in a variety of shapes and difficulties. Organized by theme, from People, Places & Stories to The Natural World, there's something for everyone, and it's bound to keep you busy. When you've finished a puzzle or finally give up, check out the answers in the back.
Children love to do word searches--and these puzzles help develop their language and reading skills too Each book contains 58 puzzles that will keep kids entertained for hours.
- Brain Games Word Search contains more than 80 word search puzzles that will keep your brain fit for life.
- The puzzles have a variety of themes, including entertainment, food, common sayings, music, movies, and more.
- Puzzles are spread across two pages.
- Spiral binding and complete answer key in the back make this book easy to carry, solve, and check your answers.
- 192 pages
- Every puzzle is themed, and comes with interesting bits of random information about science, history, inventions, and pop culture.
- Find hundreds of words related to the puzzle themes.
- Each puzzle is paired with a summary of an article from The Book of Useless Information, ISBN-13: 978-1450807463.
- Answer key found at the back of the book.
- 192 pages.
In December 1913, the New York World newspaper published the first crossword in history. It appeared in their Sunday supplement, "Fun." A century later, this absorbing puzzle continues to attract (and infuriate) millions of devotees every day. But the world's most popular--and seemingly mundane--pastime has a surprising history, filled with intrigue and adventure.
Paolo Bacilieri's FUN transports us from turn-of-the-century New York to present-day Milan, taking in stories of ingenious puzzle makers, ardent solvers, and intellectual luminaries. Part detective story, part docudrama, and interlaced with a fiction of Bacilieri's own imagining, FUN questions the crossword's "harmless" status. Sure, it's fun--but could it also be a form of resistance, of cryptic communication, of espionage?