- In-depth profiles covering career services, internship support, student group activity, alumni satisfaction, noteworthy facilities and programs, and more
- Candid assessments of each school's academics from students, current faculty, and alumni
- Unique hands-on learning opportunities for students across majors
- Testimonials on career prep from alumni in business, education, law, and much more *************************** What makes Colleges That Create Futures important? You've seen the headlines--lately the news has been full of horror stories about how the college educational system has failed many recent grads who leave school with huge debt, no job prospects, and no experience in the working world. Colleges That Create Futures identifies schools that don't fall into this trap but instead prepare students for successful careers How are the colleges selected? Schools are selected based on survey results on career services, grad school matriculation, internship support, student group and government activity, alumni activity and salaries, and noteworthy facilities and programs.
In a newsletter published from May 1990 to December 1996 as well as in three enormously successful books, Amy Dacyczyn established herself as the expert of economy. Now The Complete Tightwad Gazette brings together all of her best ideas and thriftiest thinking into one volume, along with new articles never published before in book format. Dacyczyn describes this collection as "the book I wish I'd had when I began my adult life." Packed with humor, creativity, and insight, The Complete Tightwad Gazette includes hundreds of tips for anyone looking to save money or get out of debt, such as: Travel for tightwads - How to transform old blue jeans into potholders and quilts - Ten painless ways to save $100 this year - Picture-framing for pennies - A comparison of painting versus re-siding your house - Halloween costumes from scrounged materials - Thrifty window treatments - Ways to dry up dry-cleaning costs - Inexpensive gifts - Creative fundraisers for kids - Slashing your electric bill - Frugal fix-its - Cutting the cost of college - Moving for less - Saving on groceries - Gift-wrapping for tightwads - Furniture-fusion fundamentals - Cheap breakfast cereals - Avoiding credit card debt - Using items you were about to throw away (milk jugs, plastic meat trays, and more ) - Recipes galore, from penny-pinching pizza to toaster pastries - And much much more . .
The most complete and up-to-date guide available to energy savings in the home .
Increasing the energy efficiency of your home can save you money, help the environment, and enhance your comfort, but how do you decide which improvements are the most beneficial and cost-effective? Completely revised to incorporate the latest developments in green technology, The Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings is the definitive resource for consumers who want to better their home's performance while reducing their energy bills.
Well-organized and highly readable, The Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings begins with an overview of the relationships between energy use, economics and the environment. Updated and expanded chapters focus on specific aspects of any home, such as heating and cooling, ventilation, electronics, lighting, cooking and laundry, and provide helpful explanations for each, including:
- Energy use characteristics
- Comparisons between available technologies
- Cost-effective repair and replacement options
- Step-by-step guidance for finding the right equipment.
This comprehensive resource is packed with tips on improving existing equipment and guidance for when and why to invest in new purchases, as well as a reminder to check local government and utilities for purchase or retrofit grants or incentives. It is a must-read for anyone concerned about reducing both their energy bills and their environmental impact.
As fun to look at as it is to use, "Cool Green Stuff" features a gallery of environmentally friendly fashions, jewelry, bags, gadgets, home decor, and other one-of-a-kind products that were designed and produced to make the world a cooler and greener place. Inspired by the latest reports of cool hunters a new breed of trend watchers who travel the physical and virtual world in search of cutting-edge design these products will amaze and tempt you. From a wine-bottle hanging lamp to floral bracelets made of vintage fabric, this collection showcases the imagination and innovation of leading designers at work around the world today. Some of the designs in "Cool Green Stuff" meet our environmental challenges head on, actually saving energy, water, and waste; others aim to tread lightly on our delicate planet. Each product is coupled with an explanation of its environmental significance, the materials used to create it, and its website* so you can buy it. Best of all, when you start using the Internet sites to kickstart your own search for cool green stuff, a new, eco-chic world will open up to you. * no one paid to be in this book"
- how to spot fakes
- stories of celebrated cigar aficionados from Ernest Hemingway to Rudyard Kipling
- the best Cuban rum to pair with a cigar
- vivid descriptions of Cuba and its environs
- dynamic profiles of growers, hand-rollers, and producers
- and so much more The Cuban Cigar Handbook tells the history of cigars in Cuba and includes an extensive guide to over 200 varieties. Tasting notes for all varieties of cigars explain what makes each type different from the others, and how to spot fakes. And should you get thirsty, this book also includes a guide for how best to pair Cuban cigars with Cuban rums. Light up a cigar, sit back, and read fascinating stories about notable cigar aficionados to learn what attracted the likes of Ernest Hemingway and Rudyard Kipling to Cuban cigars. The Cuban Cigar Handbook is the ideal gift for the cigar smoker in your life. This is the ultimate handbook for any burgeoning cigar enthusiast or seasoned connoisseur.
Featuring a foreword by Master Sommelier Pascaline Lepeltier, who contributed her vast knowledge throughout the book, The Dirty Guide to Wine organizes wines not by grape, not by region, not by New or Old World, but by soil. If you enjoy a Chardonnay from Burgundy, you might find the same winning qualities in a deep, red Rioja. Feiring also provides a clarifying account of the traditions and techniques of wine-tasting, demystifying the practice and introducing a whole new way to enjoy wine to sommeliers and novice drinkers alike.
An Invisible Danger on the Rise
You eat organic and non-GMO food. You only drink purified water. You take care of yourself and your family's health. But could there be a silent, invisible danger causing potential harm to you and your loved ones? There could. And it's called electromagnetic frequency (EMF) radiation and its one of fastest growing health issues facing our society. EMF radiation produced by modern technology such as cell phones, tablets, laptops, Wi-Fi, and smart meters is an emerging health threat, and we are all guinea pigs in a giant experiment with many unknown consequences.
But Aren't These Technologies Regulated and Safe?
Surely the government and other regulatory agencies make sure these technologies are completely safe before they are approved for wide-spread use, right? Think again. Ninety-five percent of American adults use cell phones regularly. Most households have Wi-Fi. And even schools are increasingly becoming dependent on wireless devices. And yet none of these technologies have been proven safe to humans for long-term exposure.
In fact, science confirms that the EMF emitted from common electronic devices can cause definite biological changes in the body, and mounting research has already shown it can lead to a long list of health concerns - some of which can be pretty serious.
The explosive use of mobile devices only occurred over the last twenty years, yet we have only scratched the surface of what technology is yet to come. Children born today will be exposed to much higher doses of EMF radiation than those born just ten years ago. What are the ramifications and what can we do now to minimize the fallout?
Is There a Solution?
Fortunately, there are simple and effective steps you can take to minimize the risks. Education is key. With a foreword by Bulletproof's Dave Asprey, Radiation Nation is info-packed with all the essential education you need to make smart choices to stay safe when it comes to technology.
In Radiation Nation, you will learn:
The most practical precautions to protect yourself and your loved ones from EMF radiation
What EMF radiation is and how it affects the body biologically
The major health risks including fertility issues for both men and women, DNA damage, cell mutation, cancer and other serious health risks
The EMF sources of greatest concern
What is 5G and what are the possible health risks
The latest scientific studies broken down by disease or condition
How EMF radiation specifically affects children and those suffering with electromagnetic hypersensitivity
Why the current safety standards for EMF are insufficient and need to be rewritten
Do stickers, diodes, harmonizers and other products marketing as protection have any grounding in science?
From AAA and AARP, to Wal-Mart and beyond, The Free Stuff for Everyone Book is your go-to guide for how to find the best deals, discounts, and free offers so you can keep more of your hard-earned cash in your pocket. Whether you're a bargain hunter, retiree, proud cheapskate, student or anyone on a limited budget, consumer finance expert and best-selling author Peter Sander shows you how to find free products, services, gift, rebates and incredible bargains quickly and easily.
You'll discover deals on:
- Free Entertainment
- Incredible Travel Bargains
- Free Healthcare Information
- Prescription Medicine Discounts
- Free Financial, Investment and Tax Advice
- Free Educational Opportunities
- Sports, Fitness, and Exercise Bargains
- Book and Magazine Offers
- And much much more