Pianos and other musical instruments
Fishing and hunting gear
And much much more With merchandise ranging from ordinary to fantastical (and almost all of it priced at the pennies-on-the-dollar rate of the time), browsing through this vintage collection is fun, inspiring, and educational.
For more than a quarter century Standard Catalog of Firearms has been the leading illustrated guide to guns and their values, offering more of what the firearms enthusiast and collector needs--more photos, more prices and more guns Every edition is updated with the newest entries from today's manufacturers of handguns, rifles and shotguns, plus the latest values from a wide range of experts, editors and auction houses for virtually every gun made or sold in America since the early 1800s. Standard Catalog of Firearms is a must-have guide to commercial firearms, past and present.
Inside you'll find:
- More than 7,500 photos with extensive descriptions that let you know what it's worth.
- Updated values and up to six condition grades, for a total of more than 110,000 prices.
- 16-page full-color photo section showcasing extraordinary Colt handguns.
- A guide to Firearms Trade Names covering more than 150 years of gun history.
MORE GUNS MORE VALUES MORE OF WHAT YOU NEED In the Updated Standard Catalog of Firearms 28th Edition
For more than a quarter century Standard Catalog of Firearms has been the leading illustrated guide to guns and their values, offering more of what the firearms enthusiast and collector needs--more photos, more prices and more guns Every edition is updated with the newest entries from today's manufacturers of handguns, rifles and shotguns, plus the latest values from a wide range of experts, editors and auction houses for virtually every gun made or sold in Ames. Standard Catalog ofing="utf-8"?> is a must-have guide to commercial firearms, past and present.
Inside You'll Find:
Whether you're a serious gun collector, a casual gun-show trader, a hunter or recreational shooter, if you buy, sell or trade firearms, Standard Catalog of Firearms is the best insurance you can buy
Adopting a child is an extraordinarily important decision. In this authoritative guide, adoption experts Robert and Jeffrey Kasky provide all the information needed to navigate the adoption process and to successfully adopt a child. The book discusses the various types of adoptions; alerts readers to adoption scams; and guides readers in selecting a reputable attorney or adoption agency. Highlights include: The rights of the birth mother, birth father, and the issues involved in an open versus a closed adoption. The costs associated with adoption Stories of actual adoptions that exemplify key points and make the book an engaging read. For anyone thinking about an adoption, this book provides all the information need to approach the process with confidence and make good decisions every step of the way."
Small enough to fit in your pocket, this practical little book will help you change the world as you shop
While we strive to make our vote count every four years, few of us realize that our most immediate power to shape the world is squandered on a daily basis. Every dollar we spend has the potential to create social and environmental change. In fact, it already has. The world that exists today is in large part a result of our purchasing decisions.
The Better World Shopping Guide rates hundreds of products and services from A to F, so you can quickly tell the "good guys" from the "bad guys" and ensure your money is not supporting corporations that make decisions based solely on the bottom line. Drawing on decades of meticulous research, this completely revised and updated sixth edition will help you find out who actually "walks the talk" when it comes to:
- Environmental sustainability
- Human rights
- Community involvement
- Animal protection
- Social justice
Small enough to fit in a back pocket or handbag and organized in a user-friendly format, The Better World Shopping Guide helps you reward companies who are doing good, penalize those involved in destructive activities, and change the world as you shop
Ellis Jones, PhD is the award-winning, bestselling author of five previous editions of The Better World Shopping Guide , and co-author of The Better World Handbook . A scholar of social responsibility, global citizenship, and everyday activism, he has dedicated himself to uncovering practical ways for people to make a difference in the world. He currently teaches at Holy Cross College in Worcester, MA.
- What the material used to wrap cheese can tell you about the quality of the cheese itself
- How to tell where an olive oil is really from--and why it matters
- What "never ever" programs are, and why you should look for them when buying meat More engaging than a field guide and more informative than a standard cookbook, and with primers on cooking techniques and anecdotes that will entertain, enlighten, and inspire, Eat Good Food will revolutionize the way home cooks shop and eat.
Wow Finally, a wedding book for the rest of us. With average wedding costs soaring over $25,000, you need real life solutions and creative ideas to plan a wedding without going bankrupt. Bridal Bargains is the answer Now in its 11th edition with over 700,000 copies in print, Bridal Bargains shows you:
- How to save up to 40% on brand new, nationally advertised wedding dresses.
- The best web sites to save on everything from flowers to gowns, invitations to, well, you name it.
- Fourteen creative ways to cut the catering bill at your reception.
- How to order flowers at wholesale online.
- Eleven questions you should ask any photographer--and seven money-saving tips to lower that photo expense.
- Affordable ways to print your own invitations at a 70% savings.
- A clever trick to save big bucks on your wedding cake.
- The best bargains on honeymoons, gift registries, rings, wedding videos and more
- New Green your wedding with eco-friendly invites, catering tips and more
The brand new,11th edition is revised and updated tips on tying the knot without going bankrupt.
MANAGE YOUR RISK IN A MORE EFFICIENT WAY What if you could insure the risks of your business, reduce your outof- pocket expenses, and create another source of revenue? Sounds too good to be true, right? With The Business Owner's Definitive Guide to Captive Insurance Companies, Mr. Strauss shows that, by utilizing a captive insurance company, this is not only possible but also a lot easier than you'd imagine. As one of America's top corporate, tax, and risk management attorneys, Mr. Strauss provides readers with true insight on the key sophisticated planning techniques used by small business owners who implement captive insurance companies. You'll learn the fundamentals and history of captive insurance and how this technique can provide numerous benefits to your business. This book will provide you with the insight on how to: -reduce out-of-pocket expenses; -increase cash flow; -insure more of the risks of your business; -protect personal and business assets from lawsuits; and -select the appropriate manager for your captive insurance company. Creating a captive insurance company may sound daunting, but with Mr. Strauss's guidance you can navigate the legal maze and utilize this valuable strategy with ease. Don't miss out on crucial out-of-pocket savings, and create more liquidity in a more tax-efficient manner. Take steps today and reap the benefits of captive insurance