When Amelia Bedelia helps out with the school Thanksgiving play, she causes quite a scene. Let's all give thanks for a funny Thanksgiving-themed Amelia Bedelia story
The literal-minded Amelia Bedelia makes kids ages 4 to 8 giggle, and this story is a fun encouragement to keep exploring reading.
Amelia Bedelia Talks Turkey is a Level Two I Can Read book, geared for kids who read on their own but still need a little help. Whether shared at home or in a classroom, the engaging stories, longer sentences, and language play of Level Two books are proven to help kids take their next steps toward reading success.
Travel 2,500 years back in time to find out where many of our modern holiday traditions originated.- Charming full-color ink and watercolor illustrations throughout. - This valuable resource for teachers and parents uses hands-on activities, natural science facts, and observations to explore the concepts of measuring time, making calendars, and marking seasonal celebrations. - Shows how our popular holiday traditions are rooted in nature, beginning as the seasonal festivals of an ancient society. Children love holiday celebrations but most don't know why they wear masks on Halloween or watch for the groundhog on February 2. Now they can discover that many of our modern traditions started with the festivals of the ancient Celts. The Celts were farming people, so their festivals marked the important events of the agricultural year. Imbolc, in very early spring, celebrated the birth of new lambs, while Samhain, in late fall, celebrated the end of the growing season and the beginning of winter. If we look at our modern calendar, we'll find Groundhog Day falling where Imbolc did, Halloween where the Celts celebrated Samhain, and a host of other holiday correspondences. That's because descendants of the Celts were among the first Europeans to settle in the New World, bringing their holiday traditions with them. In a world of electric lights and store-bought foods, The Ancient Celtic Festivals can help children make the connections to nature that their ancestors did. Whimsically illustrated activity pages invite them to bake a harvest corn bread, stage a spring festival, or warm up the cold depths of winter with hot spiced cider. Teachers, librarians, parents, and children alike will welcome this book as a fun-filled resource.
Introduce your baby or toddler to classic Halloween traditions like costume parties and trick-or-treating, with this adorable lift-a-flap board book. Simple sentences reinforce future language structure, and grasping and lifting the sturdy flaps helps develop fine motor skills. Perfect first Halloween book
- Welcome to the world little one Come explore our Halloween Lift-a-Flap board book filled with surprises
- Perfectly sized for little hands and fingers to open and close the flaps
- 6 chunky and sturdy flaps are extra strong so your little one can open and close again and again
- Surprise and delight baby with bright artwork and special treats under each flap
- Collect all the books in the Babies Love series. From colors and animals, to first words and holidays, the Babies Love series is a great introduction to reading with cheerful, contemporary and whimsical illustrations and sturdy, easy-to-lift flaps
I have a tiny reindeer. He says his name is Bob.
The winsome tale of Bob opens this book of seven Boynton Christmas stories. Using the colorful picture tabs, little children can choose the story they want to hear:
* Merry Christmas Party
* The Star
* A Big Box
* Eight Wishes
* Wake Up
* Christmas Lullaby
Every perfectly silly selection is just right for snuggling by, all December long. And highly approved by Bob.
Peek-a-BOO Each festive Halloween scene will engage your little one with a pair of lift-a-flaps with peek-a-boo surprises. Talk about Halloween traditions like pumpkin carving, trick-or-treating, and costume parties. Inside the flaps, you'll find fun facts about items in the artwork.
- 12 chunky flaps with peek-through holes, easy for little hands to open and close
- Peek and explore Halloween traditions with educational facts and peek-a-boo surprises
- Lifting flaps encourage the use of fine motor skills and the content-rich text builds vocabulary
- Colorful and engaging illustrations
- Collect all the books in the Peek-a-Flap series
Uh-oh Two naughty raccoons rolled away with Farmer MacDonald's prize pumpkin The Halloween parade just won't be the same without it. But wait--Farmer MacDonald and the Brave Little Camper have an idea Three cheers for Halloween
- Hip Hip horray The Brave Little Camper Saves the Day
- A Halloween story for the whole family to enjoy. Strengthen the love for books and reading with the lovable story and rich illustrations
- Thick pages and a padded cover for little hands to read over and over again
- Collect all books in the Brave Little Camper Series