Weddings require organization, record-keeping, legwork, logistics. In other words, a planner. From the celebrity wedding planner and author of the The Wedding Book, Mindy Weiss's All-In-One Wedding Planner & Organizer helps couples keep track of every detail leading up to their Big Day. It's the organizer that includes exactly what you need for on-the-go, on-the-ground wedding planning.
Created as a three-ring binder, it has tabs for each category:
- The Big Picture and Contacts
- Location, Location, Location
- Menu and Flowers
- The Dress (And What Everyone Else Is Wearing)
- The Guests and the Invitations
- Music, Photography, and Videography
- Making It Official: Rings, Licenses, Vows, Officiants
Packed throughout are tips, tools, checklists, spreadsheets, and schedules to help brides (and grooms) manage everything from building a wedding timeline and organizing the dreaded seating chart to getting the wedding party matched and fitted. From "Will you marry me?" to "I do," nothing will slip through the cracks.
"A Wedding with Spirit" has been written for the bride and groom who are searching for something more for their wedding. Not more as in bigger, grander, or more lavish, but more as in more meaningful, gracious, and sacred. Ritual and liturgy experts Nelson and Witt have helped hundreds of couples plan their ceremonies, and in these pages they have distilled their years of experience into some basic principles that will help every couple begin their lives together with more than just catering nightmares. "A Wedding with Spirit"'s five chapters discuss the general principles for creating a wedding with spirit, with guidance on choosing the right place, people, symbols, prayers, format, readings, and music. Sections include:
A look at the meaning and history behind the familiar wedding traditions.A step-by-step walk through the ceremony itself--the gathering rite, readings, the wedding ritual, and the reception.Practical advice for the rehearsal, instructions for the readers, and models for the printed program.A collection of meditations--preparing for marriage, dealing with doubts, exploring dimensions of marriage in the Bible, and prayer--designed for the ceremony and for the bride and groom to use themselves as they prepare for their wedding. Three model weddings incorporating all the principles of "A Wedding with Spirit."
At last, a portable wedding planner for the modern woman Smaller, sleeker, and journal-like, this planner is ideal for toting around so you can jot down inspiration and information anywhere. As stunning and stylish as pricier designer planners, it features die-cut tabs that divide it into sections for easy organizing and customizable fill-in charts and lists. There are expandable pockets at the front and back for storing cards and samples, a lay-flat binding, a ribbon marker, and an elastic enclosure to keep everything secure. Complete with suggested timelines and savvy budgeting tips, this practical planner is indispensible to today's bride-to-be--while its beauty and durability will make it a treasured keepsake of a very special day.
- Engagement party and rehearsal dinner ideas that won't break the bank
- 4 tips for finding your dream theme
- Sample budget breakdowns ($1,000; $5,000; $10,000; $15,000; and beyond) showing where couples saved and splurged
- Her very own road-tested advice for becoming a negotiation ninja
- 7 ways to keep your booze budget under control
- DIY d cor projects and recipes you can make without risking a bridezilla meltdown
- Online planning shortcuts, tools to find savings, and helpful websites for organization and style inspiration
Wow Finally, a wedding book for the rest of us. With average wedding costs soaring over $25,000, you need real life solutions and creative ideas to plan a wedding without going bankrupt. Bridal Bargains is the answer Now in its 11th edition with over 700,000 copies in print, Bridal Bargains shows you:
- How to save up to 40% on brand new, nationally advertised wedding dresses.
- The best web sites to save on everything from flowers to gowns, invitations to, well, you name it.
- Fourteen creative ways to cut the catering bill at your reception.
- How to order flowers at wholesale online.
- Eleven questions you should ask any photographer--and seven money-saving tips to lower that photo expense.
- Affordable ways to print your own invitations at a 70% savings.
- A clever trick to save big bucks on your wedding cake.
- The best bargains on honeymoons, gift registries, rings, wedding videos and more
- New Green your wedding with eco-friendly invites, catering tips and more
The brand new,11th edition is revised and updated tips on tying the knot without going bankrupt.
Following the success of her first book, Butterflies and All Things Sweet (Goff Books), which won a number of important international design awards, style icon Bonnae Gokson is back - this time focusing on weddings from different cultures, and celebrating beauty, creativity, individuality, artistry, and love in all its forms. Weddings, Butterflies & The Sweetest Dreams is a book like no other. With foreword by Vera Wang, world renown couture wedding gown designer, and Iris Apfel, iconic fashion industry personality, it is a unique visual feast, exploring couture wedding celebrations in a completely fresh and unexpected manner. Through exquisite, sophisticated and surprising imagery--from Paris haute couture to a ranch in Montana--it reveals the way Bonnae sees the world, inspired by everything from poetry to fine art resulting in a timeless, contemporary aspirational journey through a treasure trove of multi-cultural artistry.
Every engaged couple wants two things: a meaningful wedding and a lifetime of happiness. This great gift book is a cross-cultural collection of marriage folklore that will help you achieve both. Create your own lucky traditions with nods to each other's heritage, customs from places you've visited together, and auspicious rituals that just feel special. Whether you are just engaged or you're days away from tying the knot, you'll gain insight every step of the way. With this book as your guide, you can make your own luck in love.
- One of the country's leading wedding designers- Karen Tran Florals and Events is all about the creation of exquisite floral arrangements to enhance every kind of occasion. With her company based in Southern California, she enjoys the year-round sunshine and being able to immerse herself in the natural outdoors that she loves. She has a true passion for her art form and her clientele are fortunate to have her fantastic floral sculptures decorating their events. From weddings to dinner parties, to corporate affairs, Karen Tran's stylish designs add just the right touch of extravagant elegance and dazzling opulence wherever there is a desire for the beauty of extraordinary flowers. Known as one of the country's leading wedding designers, Karen has set a high standard and is considered a trendsetter in her field. This book is a cross section of 20 years of excellence.
A companion to the popular website APracticalWedding.com and A Practical Wedding Planner, A Practical Wedding helps you sort through the basics to create the wedding you want -- without going broke or crazy in the process. After all, what really matters on your wedding day is not so much how it looked as how it felt. In this refreshing guide, expert Meg Keene shares her secrets to planning a beautiful celebration that reflects your taste and your relationship. You'll discover:
- The real purpose of engagement (hint: it's not just about the planning)
- How to pinpoint what matters most to you and your partner
- DIY-ing your wedding: brilliant or crazy?
- How to communicate decisions to your family
Wedding Zen can be yours. Meg walks you through everything from choosing a venue to writing vows, complete with stories and advice from women who have been in the trenches: the Team Practical brides. So here's to the joyful wedding, the sensible wedding, the unbelievably fun wedding A Practical Wedding is your complete guide to getting married with grace.
From bouquets to boutonnieres, corsages to centerpieces, The Knot Book of Wedding Flowers features everything a bride needs to know about those all-important details. This lavishly illustrated book includes more than 150 color photographs and a wealth of useful information. Featuring page after page of beautiful arrangements, a fully photographed glossary of popular wedding flowers, advice on finding and working with a florist, step-by-step instructions for creating a host of floral accents by hand, and explanations of floral terminology, this is a book to be enjoyed well beyond a wedding. From the ceremony arrangements to the posies for the bridesmaids, this comprehensive resource guides the happy couple through every aspect of floral decoration.