Following the success of her first book, Butterflies and All Things Sweet (Goff Books), which won a number of important international design awards, style icon Bonnae Gokson is back - this time focusing on weddings from different cultures, and celebrating beauty, creativity, individuality, artistry, and love in all its forms. Weddings, Butterflies & The Sweetest Dreams is a book like no other. With foreword by Vera Wang, world renown couture wedding gown designer, and Iris Apfel, iconic fashion industry personality, it is a unique visual feast, exploring couture wedding celebrations in a completely fresh and unexpected manner. Through exquisite, sophisticated and surprising imagery--from Paris haute couture to a ranch in Montana--it reveals the way Bonnae sees the world, inspired by everything from poetry to fine art resulting in a timeless, contemporary aspirational journey through a treasure trove of multi-cultural artistry.
"But you're getting married! You have to!"
That empty statement is on the other end of everything from jaw-droppingly expensive dresses, staged proposal engagement photo shoots, and reception selfie stations. From the minute they become engaged, there's a script that couples are pressured to follow.
By breaking down the antiquated traditions of that #blessedweddingday, this book will help betrothed pairs throw the icky bridal traditions to the curb in honour of getting the wedding of their actual dreams -- not the one we've been force-fed for decades by the wedding industrial complex.
Inspiring couples to plan their wedding in a way that is meaningful to them, The New Wedding Book debunks the "traditions," makes sense of realistic budgets, offers brilliant advice from real-life couples, and confronts the crushing pressure for weddings to be perfect.
- The real purpose of engagement (hint: it's not just about the planning)
- How to pinpoint what matters most to you and your partner
- DIY-ing your wedding: brilliant or crazy?
- Affording a wedding without having to cut your guest list
- How to communicate decisions with your family
- Why that color-coded spreadsheet is actually worth it
Features more tight shots of actual welds to speed beginners to an understanding of a variety of different welding processes used today. Moving quickly from basic concepts to the study of today's most complex welding technologies, each section begins by introducing readers to the materials, equipment, setup procedures, and critical safety information they need to know to successfully execute a specific process. Chapters also zero in on individual welding tasks and must-know techniques for a comprehensive approach.
Wow Finally, a wedding book for the rest of us. With average wedding costs soaring over $25,000, you need real life solutions and creative ideas to plan a wedding without going bankrupt. Bridal Bargains is the answer Now in its 11th edition with over 700,000 copies in print, Bridal Bargains shows you:
- How to save up to 40% on brand new, nationally advertised wedding dresses.
- The best web sites to save on everything from flowers to gowns, invitations to, well, you name it.
- Fourteen creative ways to cut the catering bill at your reception.
- How to order flowers at wholesale online.
- Eleven questions you should ask any photographer--and seven money-saving tips to lower that photo expense.
- Affordable ways to print your own invitations at a 70% savings.
- A clever trick to save big bucks on your wedding cake.
- The best bargains on honeymoons, gift registries, rings, wedding videos and more
- New Green your wedding with eco-friendly invites, catering tips and more
The brand new,11th edition is revised and updated tips on tying the knot without going bankrupt.
- Updated wedding etiquette
- Creating a realistic budget
- Sneaky cost-cutting tips
- Dress shopping advice
- Tips for working with florists, caterers, officiants, and others
- Invitation wording
- Vows and ceremony details
- Unique Wedding customs Plus, all new sections on: Planning Online and Destination Weddings, and a color-coded section with over 100 vibrant photographs.
For the first time, the go-to wedding website, The Knot, has compiled all their essential planning tools--and dozens of new ideas--into this beautiful wedding organizer.Inside you will find:
- Detailed timelines and worksheets for scheduling and budgeting
- Planning and money-saving tips on everything from the dress to the music to the reception decor
- 8 tabbed dividers packed with visual inspiration, including more than 100 color photos of centerpieces, table settings, favors, and more
- A perforated color swatch page for mixing and matching your own wedding palette
- Extensive information on choosing your vendors, including checklists of key questions to ask
- Ideas for the twenty-first-century bride, including how to use online tools and mobile for maximum convenience
- Pockets for collecting inspiring tearsheets, important contracts, and business cards
- Removable stickers on the front, spine, and back so you can make the binder your own
The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner & Organizer is an indispensable resource--and a lovely keepsake after the meaningful, joyful, and customized celebration you're sure to have.
- One of the country's leading wedding designers- Karen Tran Florals and Events is all about the creation of exquisite floral arrangements to enhance every kind of occasion. With her company based in Southern California, she enjoys the year-round sunshine and being able to immerse herself in the natural outdoors that she loves. She has a true passion for her art form and her clientele are fortunate to have her fantastic floral sculptures decorating their events. From weddings to dinner parties, to corporate affairs, Karen Tran's stylish designs add just the right touch of extravagant elegance and dazzling opulence wherever there is a desire for the beauty of extraordinary flowers. Known as one of the country's leading wedding designers, Karen has set a high standard and is considered a trendsetter in her field. This book is a cross section of 20 years of excellence.