From bouquets to boutonnieres, corsages to centerpieces, The Knot Book of Wedding Flowers features everything a bride needs to know about those all-important details. This lavishly illustrated book includes more than 150 color photographs and a wealth of useful information. Featuring page after page of beautiful arrangements, a fully photographed glossary of popular wedding flowers, advice on finding and working with a florist, step-by-step instructions for creating a host of floral accents by hand, and explanations of floral terminology, this is a book to be enjoyed well beyond a wedding. From the ceremony arrangements to the posies for the bridesmaids, this comprehensive resource guides the happy couple through every aspect of floral decoration.
Following the success of her first book, Butterflies and All Things Sweet (Goff Books), which won a number of important international design awards, style icon Bonnae Gokson is back - this time focusing on weddings from different cultures, and celebrating beauty, creativity, individuality, artistry, and love in all its forms. Weddings, Butterflies & The Sweetest Dreams is a book like no other. With foreword by Vera Wang, world renown couture wedding gown designer, and Iris Apfel, iconic fashion industry personality, it is a unique visual feast, exploring couture wedding celebrations in a completely fresh and unexpected manner. Through exquisite, sophisticated and surprising imagery--from Paris haute couture to a ranch in Montana--it reveals the way Bonnae sees the world, inspired by everything from poetry to fine art resulting in a timeless, contemporary aspirational journey through a treasure trove of multi-cultural artistry.
- One of the country's leading wedding designers- Karen Tran Florals and Events is all about the creation of exquisite floral arrangements to enhance every kind of occasion. With her company based in Southern California, she enjoys the year-round sunshine and being able to immerse herself in the natural outdoors that she loves. She has a true passion for her art form and her clientele are fortunate to have her fantastic floral sculptures decorating their events. From weddings to dinner parties, to corporate affairs, Karen Tran's stylish designs add just the right touch of extravagant elegance and dazzling opulence wherever there is a desire for the beauty of extraordinary flowers. Known as one of the country's leading wedding designers, Karen has set a high standard and is considered a trendsetter in her field. This book is a cross section of 20 years of excellence.
- Updated wedding etiquette
- Creating a realistic budget
- Sneaky cost-cutting tips
- Dress shopping advice
- Tips for working with florists, caterers, officiants, and others
- Invitation wording
- Vows and ceremony details
- Unique Wedding customs Plus, all new sections on: Planning Online and Destination Weddings, and a color-coded section with over 100 vibrant photographs.
Bestselling cake decorating author and world-renown sugarcraft teacher, Lindy Smith shows you how to create remarkable wedding cakes with the minimum of fuss.
The wedding cake is the centre of any bride's big day, and having a design that is contemporary yet doesn't cost the earth is high on the agenda. This book will show you how to create a wide range of styles for modern wedding cakes, using the latest trends in cake decorating and wedding design, for a DIY wedding cake book like no other
Designs include a popular Zentangle-inspired cake, mosaics, metallics, beads, fringes, frills, and more. A section on making edible paper flowers means you can mix and match the blooms on your cakes and create beautiful cake flowers that will not wilt on the big day.
Broken down into manageable stages by Lindy's trademark high number of step photographs, readers will be bursting to try these exciting and contemporary cake decorating techniques.
With achievable wedding cake designs and accessible cake decorating techniques, this book covers the whole process of making a wedding cake--from conception to construction to decoration and even demolition
(Shawnee Press). Other than the bride and groom, music is one of most important aspects of any wedding. Make the music at your wedding something you'll cherish for a lifetime If you have no musical training, or even if you're a seasoned musical pro, The Ultimate Wedding Music Kit contains a wealth of classic wedding music in one book. From preludes to processionals to candle-lighting music and more, it's all here. There are also 2 CDs included containing demonstration performances of each song so you can hear the music in advance for careful preparation. The CDs also include accompaniment tracks for rehearsal or use in the wedding. In addition, there are tips on selecting music for your wedding, hiring musicians, "staging" your wedding music and more
At Last A Comprehensive Guide to Good GroomingGone are the days when you could sit back and let your fianc e plan the entire wedding. Today's grooms have countless tasks to perform, from hiring the entertainment and planning the rehearsal dinner to buying the wedding bands and comforting hysterical family members. Fortunately, The Groom's Instruction Manual is here to answer all of your most challenging questions: How do I handle feuding relatives? What should I look for in a good wedding photographer? Why does my fianc e seem stressed out all the time? Whatever your concerns, you'll find the answers here--courtesy of author and veteran groom Shandon Fowler.
Wow Finally, a wedding book for the rest of us. With average wedding costs soaring over $25,000, you need real life solutions and creative ideas to plan a wedding without going bankrupt. Bridal Bargains is the answer Now in its 11th edition with over 700,000 copies in print, Bridal Bargains shows you:
- How to save up to 40% on brand new, nationally advertised wedding dresses.
- The best web sites to save on everything from flowers to gowns, invitations to, well, you name it.
- Fourteen creative ways to cut the catering bill at your reception.
- How to order flowers at wholesale online.
- Eleven questions you should ask any photographer--and seven money-saving tips to lower that photo expense.
- Affordable ways to print your own invitations at a 70% savings.
- A clever trick to save big bucks on your wedding cake.
- The best bargains on honeymoons, gift registries, rings, wedding videos and more
- New Green your wedding with eco-friendly invites, catering tips and more
The brand new,11th edition is revised and updated tips on tying the knot without going bankrupt.