In Lily Dale, New York, the dead don't die.
Instead, spirits flit among the elms and stroll along the streets, sometimes dressed in garb more common 120 years ago, when Lily Dale was founded and suffragette Susan B. Anthony was a frequent guest.
According to Spiritualists who have ruled this Victorian hamlet for five generations, the dead don't go away and they stay anything but quiet. Every summer twenty thousand guests come to consult the town's mediums, who can hang out a shingle only after passing a test that confirms their connection to the spirit world.
On the hot June day when reporter Christine Wicker comes to the world's oldest and largest Spiritualist community, she is determined to understand the secret forces -- human or otherwise -- that keep Lily Dale alive. She follows three visitors: a newly bereaved widow; a mother whose son killed himself; and a beautiful, happily married wife whose first visit to Lily Dale brings an ominous warning.
Are the mediums cold-hearted charlatans, as Sinclair Lewis wrote of them? Or are they conduits for a hidden world that longs to bring peace and healing to the living, as psychologist William James and muckraker Upton Sinclair once hoped to prove?
Investigating a movement that attracted millions of Americans in the 1800s and now barely survives, Wicker moves beyond the mediums' front parlors and into the lives that tourists never see. She follows the mediums to a place where what we know and how we know it is the greatest mystery of all.
An account of the legendary spear which pierced the side of Christ which has been invested with occult powers. It tells the story of the chain of men who possessed the spear, from Herod to Adolf Hitler, and how they sought to change the face of history by wielding its good and evil powers.
The groundbreaking classic that introduced the theory that ancient Earth established contact with aliens. Immediately recognized as a work of monumental importance, Chariots of the Gods endures as proof that Earth has been visited repeatedly by advanced aliens from other worlds. Here, Erich von D niken examines ancient ruins, lost cities, spaceports, and a myriad of hard scientific facts that point to extraterrestrial intervention in human history. Most incredible of all, however, is von D niken's theory that we are the descendants of these galactic pioneers--and he reveals the archeological discoveries that prove it... The dramatic discoveries and irrefutable evidence:
- An alien astronaut preserved in a pyramid
- Thousand-year-old spaceflight navigation charts
- Computer astronomy from Incan and Egyptian ruins
- A map of the land beneath the ice cap of Antarctica
- A giant spaceport discovered in the Andes Includes remarkable photos that document mankind's first contact with aliens at the dawn of civilization.
ESP. Divination. Psychometry. Telekinesis. Astral vision. You've heard of all these talents. The amazing truth is that you can have all of these abilities when you practice the simple, but powerfully effective, exercises in Melita Denning and Osborne Phillips' Practical Guide to Psychic Powers.
World-famous experts Denning and Phillips explain exactly what you need to develop your own innate abilities, including advice on diet, rest, and exercise. They advise you to meditate daily, and give instructions how you can bring this wonderful skill into your life. They also reveal how you can make your own tools for psychic development, such as a pendulum, ESP cards, and a Vision Mirror.
Practical Guide to Psychic Powers explains that your attitude is important in establishing these abilities in your life. You'll discover how to eliminate boredom and stress, practice mental concentration for long periods, and have foreknowledge of the future.
Many of the exercises to help you to develop psychic abilities are in the form of games, making them fun, preventing boredom, and creating faster success. For example, you'll learn a game of guessing dice, one with ESP cards, and another that uses the vision mirror to predict your future.
The book teaches you how to become aware of the impressions a material object has gathered, the art of psychometry. You'll learn about contacting spiritual entities the way Spiritualists do. You'll also discover the secrets of dowsing and how to develop and use this ability.
Denning and Phillips are known for their clarity of thought and for having effective techniques, as demonstrated in Practical Guide to Psychic Powers.
Good vision is more than the ability to see 20/20 on an eye chart. Any vision problem is a message alerting us to an unbalanced inner state. Eyeglasses, medications, and surgery may correct poor vision but they cannot correct this inner imbalance. In The Power Behind Your Eyes, Robert-Michael Kaplan presents Integrated Vision Therapy a comprehensive daily program that can actually improve as well as treat the inner causes of poor vision. More comprehensive than other vision care techniques, Integrated Vision Therapy takes a holistic approach to identifying the causes of vision problems and developing noninvasive, natural strategies for treatment, including clear, easy-to-follow exercises, diets, and changes in daily habits.
Presents an in-depth look at children who have experienced the near-death phenomenon and the heightened abilities that these children exhibit- Provides compelling evidence for the existence of a generation of children who represent the spiritual evolution of the human race - Includes firsthand testimonies of children who have returned from near death The New Children and Near-Death Experiences is the first book to provide--from the view of the child--an in-depth study of children who have experienced the near-death phenomenon and its aftereffects. Atwater notes that the child who returns from a near-death experience is not the same child as before, but is a "remodeled, rewired, reconfigured, refined version of the original." Presenting data to support her contention that these children have experienced structural, chemical, and functional changes in the brain, she also shows how their greater empathic abilities as well as dramatically higher intelligence are qualities that are also present in children born since 1982--enhanced abilities that cannot be tied to simple genetics. Atwater shows that understanding the near-death experiences of children can help us prepare for a quantum leap in the evolution of humanity.
Amorah Quan Yin's latest collection of channeled teachings on the nature of spiritual initiation, mystery schools, and how to access energies for personal transformation.- By the author of The Pleiadian Workbook (40,000 copies sold). - More than 25 recorded transmissions from Ascended Masters, St. Germain, Elohim, Mother Mary, and many others. - Includes guided meditations and exercises for everyday life. Learn how to live in divine flow, deepen your spiritual connection to the divine source, and access spiritual guidance in becoming a true Master Being of Light. In her latest series of channeled transmissions, Amorah Quan Yin provides a fascinating chronicle of human spiritual evolution from a galactic perspective. Quan Yin teaches that there is infinite loving assistance available to humanity from the higher dimensions. In Affinity she transmits the wisdom of the Ascended Masters, Angels, and others to assist us in learning how to receive this help and attain personal transformation. Drawing on the wisdom of Goddess Antares and the gentle support of the Dolphin Star Temple Higher Council, Quan Yin explains how to retune our bodies, minds, emotions, and spirits to the divine flow of the universe. Mother Mary teaches us how to remove ourselves from negative astral planes. From Elohim we learn how to work with our cellular structure on a spiritual plane. This extensive collection of teachings offers specific exercises and techniques to align us with our divine selves.
- The first book to explain how feng shui developed from the Taoist systems of astrology, yin and yang, and the five elements.- Provides a background on Taoist philosophy to help readers better understand the principles of feng shui and how to use them properly. - Helps readers improve home, business, garden, property, neighborhoods, and much more. The Chinese art of feng shui has become extremely popular in the West, but too often advice on the subject consists of overly simplistic instructions for rearranging one's house without any explanation of the profound philosophical system behind these changes. The ancient Taoists developed feng shui from their understanding of the subtle interplay of energies that make up the universe, and no true mastery of feng shui is possible without a knowledge of Taoism. Taoist Feng Shui provides step-by-step guidelines for improving your home, business, garden, property, and neighborhood using this ancient system of knowledge. In Taoist Feng Shui, Susan Levitt traces the history of feng shui and shows how it is grounded in knowledge of yin and yang and the five Taoist elements of fire, earth, metal, water, and wood, as well as many other principles essential to Taoism. Once a background in Taoism is established, readers can better understand the philosophy behind concepts such as choosing the best colors for each room of the home, room-by-room furniture placement, yin and yang balance, correct lighting, outdoor landscaping, the function of hallways and entrances, and the proper use of mirrors, crystals, fountains, and other feng shui tools. With in-depth examples from the author's private feng shui practice, Taoist Feng Shui can help all readers transform their personal environments to create peace, harmony, health, wealth, and good fortune.
Some people think meditation is something that takes years to learn. The truth is, it's a very natural state of awareness that can be developed in just a few minutes each day. The benefits of meditation are infinite
- Develop concentration
- Learn to focus your attention
- Relax your body and mind quickly and easily
- Release fears
- Increase your health and wellness
- Exchange old habits for new ones
- Identify personal goals and aspirations
- Discover which meditation method works best for you
2003 COVR Award Winner (Best Alternative Health Book)