- A guide to safe and inexpensive natural alternatives to often hazardous and extremely expensive conventional medical treatments for infertility.- Provides guidelines for using alternative therapies, diet, exercise, and relaxation techniques. - Explores acupuncture, reflexology, homeopathy, cranial osteopathy, aromatherapy, and herbalism. - Includes the personal stories of couples who have successfully conceived using these methods. Enhancing Fertility Naturally outlines ways in which you can improve your fertility through alternative therapies, diet, exercise, and relaxation techniques and avoid some of the hazards associated with conventional treatments. It discusses the most common causes of infertility and explains how to determine which therapy is most appropriate for you. In vitro fertilization, conventional medicine's most prescribed remedy for infertility problems, is expensive, dangerous, and has a success rate of only 14 percent, yet few of the one in six couples that experience infertility are aware of the effectiveness and safety provided by the wide range of alternative treatments. Thoroughly researched and packed full of invaluable advice and tips, the book explores such therapies as acupuncture, reflexology, homeopathy, cranial osteopathy, aromatherapy, and herbalism. The author includes case histories for each of the therapies discussed, showing how the therapies helped couples overcome both primary and secondary infertility in order to have the baby they longed for.
The best-selling author of Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom offers an unconventional, updated mind-body approach to women's health after menopause that discusses the impact of hormonal changes, the myths and realities of menopause, and ways to prevent long-term health problems, including heart disease, memory loss, and cancer.
Since 2006, when the "morning-after pill" Plan B was first sold over the counter, sales of emergency contraceptives have soared, becoming an $80-million industry in the United States and throughout the Western world. But emergency contraception is nothing new. It has a long and often contentious history as the subject of clashes not only between medical researchers and religious groups, but also between different factions of feminist health advocates.
The Morning After tells the story of emergency contraception in America from the 1960s to the present day and, more importantly, it tells the story of the women who have used it. Side-stepping simplistic readings of these women as either radical feminist trailblazers or guinea pigs for the pharmaceutical industry, medical historian Heather Munro Prescott offers a portrait of how ordinary women participated in the development and popularization of emergency contraception, bringing a groundbreaking technology into the mainstream with the potential to alter radically reproductive health practices.
- the spiritual and scientific principles behind healing from terminal illnesses, and how you can utilize these principles for your own health and the health of others
- vital information about how to truly dissolve PMS and ease menstrual cramps
- extraordinary facts on Vitamin D--and why it is crucial for breast, cardiovascular, and immune system health
- the importance of the preconception diet and how to greatly decrease your risk of birth defects
- how to birth naturally, despite the current induction and C-section epidemic
- all you need to know about thyroid function, including proper blood tests
- life-saving facts about cellular inflammation--the root cause of all chronic degenerative diseases--and how to prevent this condition
- the essentials on the "fountain of youth molecule"--and how to enhance your levels of it for vibrant health Living a healthy life in a woman's body can be downright fun--even ecstatic And that's good news for everyone--women, men, and their children.
From a leading specialist, an empowering new book that gives breast cancer patients the confidence and knowledge to seek the treatment that is right for them
According to Dr. John Link, most women diagnosed with breast cancer today are not getting the proper treatment for their disease. Many are being undertreated, while others are being needlessly overtreated. In this follow-up book to his successful "The Breast Cancer Survival Manual," Link now shows women how to be their own best advocate in getting the proper care. In this empowering book, he gives women the information and resources they need to be proactive about their cancer, and ultimately to help pursue a course of treatment that will leave them with the fewest physical or emotional scars. Through true stories of his own patients and information on the latest medical advances, Link helps women to understand the potential risks and benefits of various treatments. An openminded and experienced oncologist, he addresses everything from the decision to seek a second opinion, to the question of patient-doctor trust, to discerning under- or overtreatment, to alternative and integrative medical therapies. "Take Charge of Your Breast Cancer "offers an important new approach that puts the power in the hands of the patient.
I'm too young for menopause. So why do I feel like this? Even if you're a decade or more away from menopause, your hormones may already be out of balance, usually caused by an excess of estrogen and a deficiency of progesterone. Over 50 million women experience premenopause symptoms, including:
- Unexplained, sudden weight gain
- Severe PMS, fatigue, irritability, and mood swings
- Loss of libido
- Tender or lumpy breasts
- Fibroids and endometriosis
- Cold hands and feet
- Very heavy or light periods
- Or other symptoms like infertility, memory loss, and migraines.
Combining the thoughtful and expert narrative of a veteran mom of four children with the voices of hundreds of moms she surveyed, The Self-Care Solution offers insightful answers to poignant questions about how mothers take care of themselves, their relationships, and their jobs while raising their children--and how they don't. Here, mothers reveal their struggles with self-care, and the consequences of neglecting themselves and their relationships, and share successful strategies to combat these issues. Each chapter also includes reflective self-assessment questions for mothers to gauge where they are from a self-care standpoint, as well as lists of tried and true tools they can employ to achieve more balance, and ultimately more satisfaction, within themselves and in their relationships. Inspirational yet practical, The Self-Care Solution will dramatically impact women who are navigating the critical responsibility of motherhood while attempting to stay true to themselves.