The only popular holistic medical guide for women, "Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom" is the long-awaited, much-needed, unique, practical and philosophical approach to healing that empowers women to take control of their physical and emotional health. As radically feminist as "Our Bodies, Ourselves" was in its day, Dr. Northrup's guide cites dramatic and affecting cases of women healing from long-term illnesses through alternative medical methods, and gives groundbreaking mind-body guidance. This revolutionary book combines curing with caring, knowledge with intuition, and demonstrates that physical healing is inseparable from spiritual healing. It authoritatively and compassionately guides readers through an A to Z list of women's conditions from fibroids, menstruation, and vaginitis to cancer, hysterectomy, and menopause.
This new Mayo Clinic book on pregnancy provides you with practical information and reassurance on pregnancy and childbirth. Compiled by Mayo Clinic experts in obstetrics, it offers a clear, thorough and reliable reference for this exciting and sometimes unpredictable journey. This comprehensivebook includes: A month-by-month look at mom and babyIn-depth "Decision Guides" to help you make informed decisions on topics such as how to select a health care provider, prenatal testing options, pain relief for childbirth, and many othersAn easy-to-use reference guide that covers topics such as morning sickness, heartburn, back pain, headaches and yeast infections, among othersInformation on pregnancy health concerns, including preterm labor, gestational diabetes and preeclampsia, along with an overview on being pregnant when you have pre-existing health conditions such as asthma, diabetes or hyperthyroidism
Doctors recommend it and pregnant couples rely on it--and you and your partner will find it indispensable For over thirty years, Dr. Glade B. Curtis and Judith Schuler have helped millions of parents-to-be navigate and prepare for the most exciting and challenging time of their lives--and now they'll help you.
With Your Pregnancy's signature week-by-week format, including illustrations of your baby, you'll easily and comfortably follow your baby's development as it grows during these exciting 40 weeks. Whether you're a first-time parent just learning to navigate pregnancy or an experienced pro, Your Pregnancy Week by Week is the perfect, comprehensive resource to guide you through your pregnancy. In this eighth edition, Dr. Curtis and Schuler address today's most pressing questions and concerns, including:
- Detailed descriptions and illustrations of baby's development
- Information on medical tests and procedures
- Tips on nutrition, your overall health and how it affects your growing baby
- Safe and easy weekly exercises to help you stay in shape
"We are wellness. We are consciousness. That is our natural state. Disease is an imposter."As one of the world's only female experts on the ancient Indian tradition of Ayurvedic medicine, renowned teacher Bri. Maya Tiwari has devoted her heart and soul to sharing the philosophy and methods that saved her from terminal cancer and redirected her life. Now, in The Path of Practice, she offers a short course in healing and living and reveals how she has gone back to the sources of Ayurvedic wisdom to reclaim time-honored, natural, and spiritual techniques for contemporary life. Diagnosed with ovarian cancer at twenty-three, Bri. Maya was given two months to live. Her doctors' advice: die painlessly with heavy dosages of morphine. Instead, in the middle of winter, she left her career as a popular fashion designer in New York City and began several months of intensive meditation and holistic nutrition alone in a remote Vermont cabin. By Spring, her health and vitality had been restored. Inspired by dramatic visions and dreams of her family and ancestors, Bri. Maya became a student of one of India's few living masters of the traditional Vedas. Today, healthy in body and spirit, she devotes herself to teaching the wisdom practices of the Vedas to help others heal emotional and spiritual discomfort, dis-ease, and physical illness. In The Path of Practice, Bri. Maya's gentle, compassionate voice instructs you in living life consciously in the present moment, so that you can recover your natural rhythms and align yourself and your inner cycles with the universe. With particular emphasis on using the primordial feminine healing power of shakti--which everyone possesses--Bri. Maya leads you through the daily practice, or sadhana, of a three-part wellness program that includes nutrition and cooking with whole foods, breath work and meditation, and chanting with healing sounds. Encouraged by the inspirational stories of Bri. Maya's life and those of others who have made these simple but powerful practices an integral part of their lives, you will learn how to take charge of your own health. Through Bri. Maya's unique philosophy and practice of "cosmic memory," you will discover your personal, body wisdom and intuition, your singular mission in the world, and your connection to the divine within you and around you. Filled with illuminating insights, easy-to-follow recipes, and meditations and exercises that can be adapted to different lifestyles and traditions, The Path of Practice is one of the only holistic programs designed for women by a woman. Imbued with the spiritual strength and centeredness of its remarkable author, here is a practical and profound book you will turn to time and time again for instruction, wisdom, and peace of mind.
- Ten things to do before you dye
- You are what you eat--and so are your curls
- Getting kids to love their curls
- Curly guys
- Lorraine's 12-step recovery program
- And check out Lorraine's video tutorials on YouTube.
- the spiritual and scientific principles behind healing from terminal illnesses, and how you can utilize these principles for your own health and the health of others
- vital information about how to truly dissolve PMS and ease menstrual cramps
- extraordinary facts on Vitamin D--and why it is crucial for breast, cardiovascular, and immune system health
- the importance of the preconception diet and how to greatly decrease your risk of birth defects
- how to birth naturally, despite the current induction and C-section epidemic
- all you need to know about thyroid function, including proper blood tests
- life-saving facts about cellular inflammation--the root cause of all chronic degenerative diseases--and how to prevent this condition
- the essentials on the "fountain of youth molecule"--and how to enhance your levels of it for vibrant health Living a healthy life in a woman's body can be downright fun--even ecstatic And that's good news for everyone--women, men, and their children.
- A guide to safe and inexpensive natural alternatives to often hazardous and extremely expensive conventional medical treatments for infertility.- Provides guidelines for using alternative therapies, diet, exercise, and relaxation techniques. - Explores acupuncture, reflexology, homeopathy, cranial osteopathy, aromatherapy, and herbalism. - Includes the personal stories of couples who have successfully conceived using these methods. Enhancing Fertility Naturally outlines ways in which you can improve your fertility through alternative therapies, diet, exercise, and relaxation techniques and avoid some of the hazards associated with conventional treatments. It discusses the most common causes of infertility and explains how to determine which therapy is most appropriate for you. In vitro fertilization, conventional medicine's most prescribed remedy for infertility problems, is expensive, dangerous, and has a success rate of only 14 percent, yet few of the one in six couples that experience infertility are aware of the effectiveness and safety provided by the wide range of alternative treatments. Thoroughly researched and packed full of invaluable advice and tips, the book explores such therapies as acupuncture, reflexology, homeopathy, cranial osteopathy, aromatherapy, and herbalism. The author includes case histories for each of the therapies discussed, showing how the therapies helped couples overcome both primary and secondary infertility in order to have the baby they longed for.
HAS THE CHANGE COME TOO SOON ? DON' T WORRY, YOU'RE NOT ALONEEvery year more than two million women enter early menopause and find themselves suddenly dealing with a host of unforeseen (and little discussed) issues. In Before Your Time, Eveli
"This is not a fad diet. It's a medically proven method of food as medicine to fight obesity, cure chronic illness, and heal a broken metabolism."--Jacqueline Fields, M.D.
Hailed as "the metabolism whisperer," Haylie Pomroy reminds us that food is not the enemy but medicine needed to rev up your sluggish, broken-down metabolism to turn your body into a fat-burning furnace. On this plan you're going to eat a lot--three full meals and at least two snacks a day--and you're still going to lose weight. What you're not going to do is count a single calorie or fat gram, or go carb-free or ban entire food groups. Instead, you're going to rotate what you eat throughout each week according to a simple and proven plan carefully designed to induce precise physiological changes that will set your metabolism on fire. In four weeks you'll not only see the weight fall off, but don't be surprised to find your cholesterol drop, blood sugar stabilize, energy increase, sleep improve, and stress melt away as well. Complete with four weeks of meal plans and more than fifty recipes--including vegetarian, organic, and gluten-free options--this is the silver bullet for the chronic dieter who has tried every fad diet and failed, for the first-time dieter attempting to boost their metabolism, and for anyone who wants to naturally and safely eat his or her way to a skinnier, healthier self.
Includes Free DVD The follow-along DVD designed to help every woman get that toned and slender waistline. The Body Sculpting Bible for Abs: Women's Edition shows women how to get the abs she wants...and her man desires. The abdominal muscles, stomach, and waistline are targeted in this unique book and DVD combo, featuring the best exercises, the best nutrition plan, and the best training schedule out there. The invigorating 14-day program includes a follow-along DVD to jumpstart the break-in workout. Combining traditional and trendy exercises, this book uses the periodization principle to teach a quick, easy way to burn body fat and create a slender but toned waist. Inside you'll find: - just-for-women features like a focus on reducing body fat and motivation techniques - dozens of specially selected abdominal exercises, from traditional crunches to stability and medicine balls - an all-new 30-minute follow-along DVD to keep you motivated The Body Sculpting Bible for Abs: Women's Edition has everything that made the original editions so popular, without the gimmicks, diet pills, or gadgets.