In this pithy and practical handbook, Ven. Jampa Ludrup lays out the fundamentals of feng shui without any of the opaque mysticism that sometimes clouds the practice. "The aim of this book," he writes, "is to help you have more happiness in your life." Through his easy-to-understand instructions, diagrams, and photos, Ludrup illustrates how simple alterations to the layout of your home can vastly improve specific areas of your life-romance, prosperity, health, or whatever is troubling you. With nothing more than this book and a good compass, you can rearrange your house, your fortune, and your life.The book comes with a handy pocket-sized chart that you can carry with you to job interviews or first dates - any important events - so that you can be confident that you will be able to achieve the best possible outcome.
The first complete, in-depth course in the traditional Chinese art of harmonious design for interiors, buildings, and sites--including instructions for making your own geomantic compass for feng-shui readings. Deeply rooted in Taoist and shamanic origins, feng-shui is not simply a list of directives for building auspicious structures or arranging interiors for good luck. It is the art of reading the patterns of the universe and living in harmony with the environment. With 200 photos and diagrams.
A centuries-old Chinese practice, feng shui has captured the Western imagination as a tool for design and well-being. In this classic book, complete with helpful drawings and photographs, Sarah Rossbach shows how anyone can apply its principles to enhance their careers, family life, health, and prosperity.Rossbach interprets the teachings of feng shui master Lin Yun for contemporary Westerners, offering practical methods for achieving harmony with one's environment. Focusing on common problems in business and residential settings, she discusses everything from the site of a building to furniture arrangement to wall decoration. In a chapter new to this edition, she explains how to choose colors that satisfy individual needs and preferences. Rossbach's easy-to-execute advice includes such simple steps as moving a microwave oven, repositioning a desk, and hanging mirrors to alleviate negative influences.
SOME PEOPLE HAVE ALL THE LUCK. THE REST OF US MAKE IT.Let's face it: Most of us think Feng Shui is synonymous with moving furniture. But Feng Shui specialist Ellen Whitehurst has updated this ancient art form and given it her own unique spin. The result is "Lucky Day Shui," which is based on her more than twenty years of training and expertise in Feng Shui, aromatherapy, and other modes of holistic healing. What's more, this approach is a breeze to incorporate into your life, and there's no heavy lifting required Make This Your Lucky Day covers all nine Feng Shui energies-including career, wealth, marriage and partnership, children, and creativity-and is broken down into specific days, events, and life situations for which you could use a little extra luck. Do you wish to - Ace that job interview? Wear deep, dark blue to enhance self-esteem.
- Increase your bank account? Place eight coins under the welcome mat at your front door.
- Seal a great business deal? Start the day by lighting nine red candles.
- Finally get pregnant? Sleep on green bedsheets.
- Chase away a cold? Diffuse lavender essential oil for a holistic antibiotic. Harness the energy of the universe, stack the deck in your favor, and open the door to greater opportunities. Today can be your lucky day " Ellen Whitehurst] is a magical person with strange and mysterious ways. She found my power centers, and they even work during a blackout. Now, that's talent "
-Joy Behar, co-host, The View "Ellen is irresistible-both her personality and her advice. And fortunately one never comes without the other."
-Stacy Morrison, editor-in-chief, Redbook
An essential and accessible guide to increasing happiness, improving your financial well-being, and bettering your health through the timeless Chinese art of feng shui.Promising health, wealth, and happiness, feng shui offers endless appeal--at least in concept. Unfortunately, feng shui's seemingly complicated methods are often difficult to learn and apply in a meaningful way. Fortunately, Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life is written in plain and simple English for the modern Western reader. Revealing the ancient Chinese secrets that are as useful and necessary today as they have been for centuries, Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life communicates how to: - MEET "THE ONE"
- FIND A DREAM JOB
- EARN BETTER GRADES IN SCHOOL
- ENJOY A BETTER SEX LIFE
Multiply Your Success with Feng Shui What is Feng Shui, and how can it change your life? The term is often used casually and without much understanding. In MULTIPLY YOUR SUCCESS WITH Feng Shui Vladimir Zakharov addresses the complexities and proven results of practicing the scientifi c and spiritual art. Forget the old misconceptions of sliding furniture to ambiguous places and decorations consisting of frogs and coins, and learn the true value of this area of Chinese metaphysics. Multiply the talents and wealth you already possess to make them far more fruitful. You'll have the proven and detailed guide to: - Sell a house in a slow market - Triple your money luck - Add energy in your life - Jump-start success in every aspect of your life No matter your age or income, there is room to increase your success while simplifying your life. MULTIPLY YOUR SUCCESS WITH Feng Shui is the resource you need to begin your journey. Vladimir Zakharov is an international Feng Shui guru and successful entrepreneur. Zakharov now shares his knowledge by multiplying the fortunes of his clients, especially residential and commercial developers. For more information about Vladimir Zakharov and the true power of Feng Shui and Chinese metaphysics, visit fengshuimillionaire.com
You do not need to climb to the top of the coldest, highest mountain to be Zen. You do not need to crawl on your hands and knees, seal yourself away in a cave, or stop eating birthday cake. Most importantly, at least for this book, you do not have to quit your job to be Zen. In Office Zen, you will learn how Zen can exist in any moment and any place, even the most stressful and high-strung office.Office Zen will be the first book to incorporate the Zen principles of mindfulness and simplicity into the home office and work station by providing tips on how to remove clutter from your work space
teaching meditation and stretching exercises to destress in two minutes or less
laying the frame work for a healthy work-life balance Zen, and other mindfulness practices like it, asks us to examine the world around us with an emphasis on kindness and compassion toward ourselves and others. By being more meditative and calm in your daily interactions, you can bring peace into your workplace and happiness into your life.
create a home for your soul...
restore well-being to your work space...
celebrate your identity...
design your vastu blueprints...
...in every conceivable environment, from the kitchen, living room, home office, and bedroom to the company office, reception area -- and even the dreaded cubicle.
Elevate modern life through the 5,000-year-old healing properties of vastu. Enhance your inner peace, rediscover your sense of mind-and-body harmony, and always, always make room for the soul.
From eliminating chemicals in your food and water to choosing clean beauty products, let the Super Natural Mom teach you everything you need to know to "live clean" in a toxic world Beth Greer had been living what she considered a healthy lifestyle when a medical crisis prompted her to reevaluate everything--from the food she ate to the personal-care products she used and the environment she lived in. Now, in Super Natural Home, she shows the alarming extent of the dangerous chemicals we unwittingly expose ourselves to every day. As she did in her own life, she invites readers to put their lives under a microscope. The straightforward, solutions-based approach of Super Natural Home--complete with quizzes to help identify and correct potential toxic hot zones--speaks directly to what environment-conscious consumers really need: ultra-practical advice on what they can do right now to limit exposure to the poisons that are endangering them and their children. At a time when impeccable scientific research points to an alarming correlation between common chemical compounds and cancers, allergies, psychiatric disorders, and birth defects, among other serious health concerns, Super Natural Home gives consumers the tools to start protecting themselves and their families. Praise for Super Natural Home
"Beth Greer's clear, comprehensive, and practical book is a godsend for anyone living in America who wants to make a real impact on reducing the pollutions and poisons that are ubiquitous in our surroundings. She's full of good humor, yet will help you live a far cleaner and more wholesome life than you might have thought possible. Hats off to her. Read this book."--Peter Coyote, actor and author
"Making simple changes can often have a profound impact not only on you and your family's health but also on the planet. Beth Greer has done a fabulous job of creating a practical resource that will let you know what these changes are and how to easily implement them."--Joseph Mercola, DO, founder of Mercola
- The first book to explain how feng shui developed from the Taoist systems of astrology, yin and yang, and the five elements.- Provides a background on Taoist philosophy to help readers better understand the principles of feng shui and how to use them properly. - Helps readers improve home, business, garden, property, neighborhoods, and much more. The Chinese art of feng shui has become extremely popular in the West, but too often advice on the subject consists of overly simplistic instructions for rearranging one's house without any explanation of the profound philosophical system behind these changes. The ancient Taoists developed feng shui from their understanding of the subtle interplay of energies that make up the universe, and no true mastery of feng shui is possible without a knowledge of Taoism. Taoist Feng Shui provides step-by-step guidelines for improving your home, business, garden, property, and neighborhood using this ancient system of knowledge. In Taoist Feng Shui, Susan Levitt traces the history of feng shui and shows how it is grounded in knowledge of yin and yang and the five Taoist elements of fire, earth, metal, water, and wood, as well as many other principles essential to Taoism. Once a background in Taoism is established, readers can better understand the philosophy behind concepts such as choosing the best colors for each room of the home, room-by-room furniture placement, yin and yang balance, correct lighting, outdoor landscaping, the function of hallways and entrances, and the proper use of mirrors, crystals, fountains, and other feng shui tools. With in-depth examples from the author's private feng shui practice, Taoist Feng Shui can help all readers transform their personal environments to create peace, harmony, health, wealth, and good fortune.