Praise for Androgen Deprivation Therapy:
Every man who is a candidate for ADT needs to read this outstanding book."
-Patrick C. Walsh, MD, University Distinguished Service Professor of Urology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institution
"This new and updated second edition will again be an important and valuable resource for the vast majority of men who are faced with the need to start ADT for treatment of progressive and advanced forms of prostate cancer - whether for a few months or for the rest of their lives. It is a book we will again recommend to patients when they ask us about issues related to life on ADT."
--E. Michael D. ("Mike") Scott Co-Founder and President Prostate Cancer International
This expanded new edition of Androgen Deprivation Therapy remains the only guide written exclusively about the side effects of hormone therapy. This is a comprehensive workbook for prostate cancer patients and their loved ones, filled with practical advice from experts in the field. The book covers a wealth of strategies to help men cope with ADT and maintain a good quality of life while on this treatment. It is not only an informational manual, but a guide for both patients and partners about ways to make changes in their own lives that can keep them healthy and positive when the patient is on ADT.
New to this Edition:
- Updates to every chapter, including an extensive update on the various drugs used for androgen deprivation
- Suggestions for managing the physical side effects of ADT, such as hot flashes, weight gain, muscle loss, and fatigue
- Strategies to handle the emotional side effects, including coping with mood swings and depression
- Advice on how to maintain intimacy despite reduced libido and difficulties with erections
- A new chapter on the psychological and relational impact of ADT on gay men
- Exercises, activities, worksheets, and other tools to promote discussion and inspire sustainable behavioral changes that can reduce the burden of ADT
You can. It's possible. And the proof is inside this very book. Becoming Ageless: The Four Secrets to Looking and Feeling Younger Than Ever is the result of years of research into the science of longevity, written by a man who looks and feels eternal. He made it work, and it will work for you.
On this easy and effective plan, you'll:
* Lose stubborn belly fat and watch the pounds melt away.
* Enjoy amazing meals, workouts, and a sense of community.
* Look and feel noticeabley younger--for life
Developed by media mogul Strauss Zelnick--founder of the private equity firm Zelnick Media Capital (ZMC) and Chairman and CEO of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.--the strategies contained inside are the same ones he used to evolve from a skinny business executive to "America's fittest CEO."
In Becoming Ageless, you'll discover:
* An easy and effective program for everyone that will help you flatten your gut and become healthier than you ever thought possible.
* Delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make recipes including hearty breakfasts, easy-to-make lunches, filling dinners, and even desserts.
* A full workout plan that will sculpt your body and help you prevent back pain and sleep better.
* A holistic mind/body approach that really works. Look and feel better than ever without deprivation dieting, counting calories--or ever feeling hungry
With Becoming Ageless, you'll feel fitter, sharper, and more energized than ever before--with the body of someone half your age
OVER 3 MILLION BIBLE CURE BOOKS SOLD
FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLING AUTHOR OF THE SEVEN PILLARS OF HEALTH AND I CAN DO THIS DIETYou can win the war against prostate disorders Surgery and radiation treatments are not the only answers for prostate disorders Find out what you can do now to prevent prostate problems and how you can get healthy if you are already struggling with prostate disease In this concise, easy-to-read booklet, you'll discover a wealth of information to help you win this war against prostate disorders. In it are facts that your doctor may have never told you Learn: Steps that could save your life with early detection and sensible treatments Vitamins and supplements that build the immune system The energizing power of exercise and being active Amazing substances and foods that may acutally prevent prostate disorders You want to be healthy. God wants you to be healthy. Now at last, here's a source of information that will help you get healthy--body, mind and spirit.
- 21-Day Express Workouts and unique time-saving exercises
- Bonus nutritional section including recipes and smart supplementation
- Tips and helpful information to keep you motivated and help you reach your fitness goals The Body Sculpting Bible for Men Platinum Edition includes exercises and workouts plus plus nutritional guidance, meal plans, the inside scoop on supplements, advice on keeping fit while traveling, and weightlifting information for teens and seniors. The unique 14-Day Body Sculpting Workout for Men drives your body hard in two-week increments so the workout never stays the same for long and the results--washboard abs, a chiseled chest, big guns, broad shoulders, and tight buns--just keep on coming. For video channel, online support and much more, visit www.getfitnow.com.
Try these bodyweight exercises and routines designed specifically for men.
Bodyweight Workouts for Men is a step-by-step guide to one of the hottest fitness trends that truly gets results. Created specifically for men, the workouts in this book can be done anywhere, anytime--gravity and body weight are all guys need.
With this convenient--and free--workout method, you can say goodbye to unwanted pounds and hello to definition as you work through 75 bodyweight exercises and 40 routines that blast every muscle in the body.
Full-color photos guide you step-by-step through all the favorites: squats, planks, pull-ups, push-ups, leg raises, dips, and horizontal pulls. Regressions and progressions are outlined, allowing you to adjust the exercises to match your skill level and move on to the next level when you are ready. Guidelines on stretching, form, rep frequency and holding time, resting, and structuring a program are all featured to ensure the exercises in Bodyweight Workouts for Men are done correctly and without risk of injury.
Every guy is looking for an edge, some way to get single women his age to notice him more than they do now.Unfortunately, most guys have absolutely no idea what kind of body automatically flips a girl's attraction switch. Nate Green does. Built for Show is the first fitness book to address young men on the prowl. It's not just written for them; it's written by one of them. Green, who's just twenty- three years old, is already a veteran fitness professional who's been quoted in Men's Health and Maximum Fitness magazines. Green offers four twelve- week workout programs, each with a seasonal theme. The fall and winter workouts add muscle size and strength that'll show even under layers of clothing. The spring and summer workouts burn fat and chisel the showpiece muscles--creating a lean, cut, beach-ready physique. But Built for Show is more than just a workout book. It also provides: - Realistic nutrition advice to feed the muscles and starve the fat without breaking the bank or spending hours in the kitchen
- Tips on dressing right, looking the part, improving your social status, and settling into your new lifestyle
- Quick ways to assess posture, with useful exercises to fix flaws and improve self- presentation, no matter the situation. The detailed programs include over fifty exercises, illustrated with over one hundred original photos. Neither a weight-loss guide nor a body- building manual, Built for Show instead reveals to guys exactly what they need to build the body they - and women - want. Read Nate Green's posts on the Penguin Blog.
A guide to restoring men's sexual health and function to maintain a flourishing sex life well into old age- Includes fully illustrated instructions for exercises to clear energetic blockages of the male reproduction organs, restore function, reduce prostate enlargement, and prevent prostate gland cancer - Presents a routine of exercises to be practiced daily as well as guidance on supporting your practice with nutritional and herbal supplements - Explains how these techniques can forestall the need for surgery in early stages of prostate disease Age need not be a death sentence for men's sexual health and vitality. Taoist Master Mantak Chia and William U. Wei explain how to use the energetic and physical practice of Chi Kung to not only maintain a flourishing sex life well into old age but also reduce prostate enlargement and prevent prostate gland cancer. With fully illustrated step-by-step instructions, the authors provide exercises and techniques to open the energetic pathways connected to the male reproductive organs and clear the energy blockages that lead to sexual dysfunction and illness. They explain how to perform sexual energy and prostate gland massages and detail stretching exercises and the practice of chi weight lifting--attaching weights to the penis and scrotum to enhance sexual vigor. They explain that while these techniques are primarily preventive, they can also act to regenerate and restore function, forestalling the need for surgery in early stages of prostate disease. The authors present a routine of exercises to be practiced daily as well as guidance on supporting your practice with nutritional and herbal supplements.
A comprehensive, take-anywhere exercise program designed to improve men's strength, flexibility, balance, and posture
Have years of office work wreaked havoc on your posture? Could your tennis or golf game use a boost? Do you appear or feel older than your age? Or do you carry yourself in a manner that expresses strength, power, and peak performance to everyone around you?
In recent years, Pilates has become a popular exercise program, especially among women. Many books on the subject show lithe female bodies stretched across their covers. Top Pilates instructor Daniel Lyon Jr. aims to break the preconception that Pilates only benefits and appeals to women. This couldn't be further from the truth, he asserts. Joseph Pilates was a cigar-smoking boxer, acrobat, and gymnast, and he developed his exercise program from that background for men first. Likewise, Lyon designed this book specifically with men in mind, as the number of male Pilates practitioners -- among them professional athletes, actors, businessmen, and other high-profile personalities -- has rocketed to about three million and continues to grow.
For athletes, working stiffs, and men recovering from injuries, Lyon offers the first comprehensive exercise program of its kind. He walks you through forty traditional mat exercises and more than sixty reformer on the mat exercises -- each one brilliantly illustrated -- in an inspiring self-guided program that adapts to all experience levels and requires nothing more than floor space, an exercise mat, and the desire to look and feel your best. Using the Pilates method of engaging the strongest parts of the body, or the powerhouse (Joseph Pilates's term for the abdominals, hips, lower back muscles, and buttocks), and integrating all other body parts from this core, Lyon's program targets trouble spots for men and helps them achieve strong, lean, masculine physiques.
The Complete Book of Pilates for Men will deliver quick and long-term results to any man who seeks optimal fitness and a competitive edge in all aspects of his life.