Practice, motivation, learning, nutrition, competition, and family lifestyles are a few of the topics discussed by these experienced teachers, performers, and parents. To Learn with Love is treasured as a handbook by many Suzuki parents
Recommended for parents of Suzuki Method(R) students, this sequel to Nurtured by Love features a quote by Dr. Suzuki that states "the fate of the child is in the hands of his parents." With this book he shows how to create a warm environment which will encourage any child to become a happy, loving, and talented human being.
A handbook for women who have chosen single motherhood offers an analysis of available options, from artificial insemination to adoption, and examines the special problems, questions, and rewards of single motherhood
First published in 1959, Iona and Peter Opie's The Lore and Language of Schoolchildren is a pathbreaking work of scholarship that is also a splendid and enduring work of literature. Going outside the nursery, with its assortment of parent-approved entertainments, to observe and investigate the day-to-day creative intelligence and activities of children, the Opies bring to life the rites and rhymes, jokes and jeers, laws, games, and secret spells of what has been called "the greatest of savage tribes, and the only one which shows no signs of dying out."
- The first guide to using safe and gentle Bach flower remedies with children, this friendly, easy-to-use book will help parents care for their children's well-being on a daily basis.- The wide range of symptoms covered makes this book an invaluable resource for teachers and other caregivers as well as parents. In this first easy-to-use guide to safe and gentle Bach flower remedies for children's health and well-being, author Barbara Mazzarella insists that it's never too early in a child's life to use gentle flower remedies to foster harmony and balance, the birthright of every child. The author provides in-depth profiles of the thirty-eight Bach Flower remedies along with practical applications for common childhood complaints, including teething, weaning, tantrums, fear of school, nightmares, learning difficulties, and hyperactivity. Short stories and visualizations designed especially for children can be read aloud to children at naptime or bedtime in order to enhance the effects of the flower remedies. Combined with the energies of the flowers themselves, these meditations and stories will help children overcome distress and grow into healthy, well-adjusted adults.
This family favorite is a unique, well-loved source of stories, recipes, things to make, activities, poems, songs, and festivals. Each festival, such as Christmas, Candlemas, and Martinmas, has its own illustrated chapter. Also included are sections on birthdays, rainy days, convalescence, and a birthday Calendar.The perfect present and fun for the whole family, it explores the numerous festivals that children love to celebrate.
If you have ever wished you could show children and teenagers how to enrich their lives with meditation and visualization, this book will delight you. It presents simple exercises in guided imagery designed to help young people ages three through eighteen to relax into learning, focus attention and increase concentration, stimulate creativity, and cultivate inner peace and group harmony.The use of guided imagery has been internationally recognized as an effective method of "whole brain" learning. The author's approach will have special appeal to parents and teachers who are frustrated by an educational system that seems to reward only those children who excel at verbal, linear learning. With the exercises in this book, young people can discover learning styles that are effective and enjoyable for them. These techniques of guided imagery offer adults as well as children a unique way to tap the wealth of creativity and wisdom within.
Internationally renowned therapist, family expert and mediator Isolina Ricci, Ph.D. presents this definitive and newly updated guide to divorce and making shared custody work for parents and children.The ground-breaking classic, Mom's House, Dad's House, has become the standard for two generations of divorcing parents, and includes examples, self-tests, checklists, tools, and guidelines to help separated moms and dads with the legal, emotional, and financial issues they will encounter as they work to create happy and stable homes. This comprehensive guide looks anew at the needs of all family members with creative options and common-sense advice, including: * The map to a "decent divorce" and two happy homes
* Helping children of divorce with age-specific advice
* Negotiating Parental Agreements and custody arrangements
* Breaking away from "negative intimacy" with a difficult ex-husband or ex-wife
* Sidestepping destructive myths about divorce (and marriage)
* Handling long-distance parenting and parenting alone With Mom's House, Dad's House, parents will learn how to help their children heal and find a sense of continuity, security, and stability throughout the divorce process and in any custody situation.
The long-awaited revision of the bestselling and definitive child care manual from the internationally renowned Gesell Institute of Human Behavior.
The classic child care manual from the
internationally renowned Gesell Institute
Since it was first published, Child Behavior has become classic reading for parents and professionals around the world. This authoritative guide offers the basics of child development, addressing exactly how children's bodies can affect their behavior. The authors not only discuss what to do to treat specific behavior problems but actually advise parents on how, in many instances, they can prevent many common and more serious problems. The authors' practical, accessible advice covers a variety of issues including:
- Everyday activities such as eating, sleeping, and dreams
- Intelligence and success in school
- Stress and fears
- Relationships with parents and siblings
- Talking about difficult subjects such as religion, death, adoption, and divorce
- What to do if further help is needed, with a full explanation of diagnostic tests and treatments