Your best first reference to the German language
As you start your study of the German language, you need a reliable bilingual dictionary with the basic words you need, not the advanced terms you don't. With McGraw-Hill's German Student Dictionary you'll find what you need quickly and easily-without being overwhelmed with text.
This book features:
- 3,500 essential words, each with grammatical information, easy-to-use pronunciation guide, verb conjugation (when appropriate), and an example sentence
- Numerous subentries to explain shades of meaning and idiomatic expressions related to the principal entries
- A collection of grammar tips and hints, including common mistakes to avoid
- Helpful appendices of useful information such as common names in German, weights and measures, maps, numbers, and more
Begin your language learning with the authoritative McGraw-Hill's German Student Dictionary at your side. It provides the perfect complement to your German studies.
Compiled in collaboration with a team of expert linguists, the Webster's New World concise bilingual dictionaries are the perfect choice for beginning students and advanced speakers as well. Comprehensive and authoritative (yet clear and concise), the dictionaries offer a full array of features. Long-standing favorites in hardcover, the dictionaries will continue to be standard references for years to come.
- More than 100,000 words, giving wide-ranging coverage of terms and expressions
- Detailed definitions so the user can understand and translate idiomatically
- Extensive examples of usage, showing how translations of words can vary according to context
- Verb tables, including irregular verbs
- Cross-references from every verb to the appropriate verb table
When travelling, do you want to journey off the English-speaking path, meet people and speak German easily?This great value double course pack contains twenty common scenarios plus culture and travel advice. Learn the German you need for:
-talking about yourself and your family
-asking for directions
-taking public transport and renting a car
-asking for directions
-making arrangements and booking a hotel
-and much more. You'll progress in your understanding by working out language patterns for yourself, personalize your German with interactive role-plays and perfect your pronunciation to sound more natural. This beginner German course contains two MP3 CDs. You can download the audio files on these discs from your computer to your MP3 player or play them in an MP3 CD player. Also included is a handy phrasebook and a PDF coursebook for reading and writing practice.
Get Talking and Keep Talking German Pack maps to A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages. Rely on Teach Yourself, trusted by language learners for over 75 years.
"*Bis Zu Deren Ende Als Freie : Rothenburger Chronik. Neu Hrsg. Von Rud. Albrecht. 1905, Small 4to, 123 pgs. Very beautifully crafted book with full page plates and decorative edges to some pages. Cover shows only light wear and has a piece of tape along bottom edge.