Make the most wonderful time of the year even more magical with this 240-page hardcover guide to exceptional cooking and entertaining. Brimming with holiday gift ideas, you'll find more than 150 recipes to celebrate the season, plus creative ideas to decorate your table and home.
Filled with Paula's trademark Southern charm, Christmas with Paula Deen is a collection of beloved holiday recipes and cherished stories."I've gone through all my books and put together this collection of my most treasured recipes and memories for the holiday season to share with you...You'll find a few new dishes, a sprinkling of new holiday stories, and some family pictures you might not have seen before." There's no holiday Paula Deen loves better than Christmas, when she opens her home to family and friends, and traditions old and new make the days merry and bright. Filled with Paula's trademark Southern charm and happy reminiscences of Yuletide seasons past, Christmas with Paula Deen is a collection of beloved holiday recipes and stories interspersed with cherished family photographs. Included are Paula's most requested homemade gifts of food; a collection of cookies sure to become your family's favorites; easy dishes for a Christmas breakfast or brunch that will let you enjoy the food and your guests; impressive fare for Christmas dinner and holiday entertaining and, of course, spectacular cakes, puddings, pies, and other sweet things. "So Merry Christmas, y'all, and best dishes and best wishes from me and my family to yours."
- Game Day: MACO (Mac and Cheese Taco) with Guacamole, Banoffee Cream Pie in a Mug, and Beergaritas
- Awards Season: Chicken Satay, Edamame Dumplings, and Easiest Champagne Drink Ever
- Cinco de Mayo: Spicy Pigs, Sweet Quesadilla Bites, and Grapefruit-Jalape o Margaritas
- Thanksgiving: Turkey with Cranberry on Mini Pumpkin Muffins, Mashed Potato Popovers with Mozzarella, and Tipsy Turkey Martinis
- Christmas: Mini Grilled Cheese with Fontina and OTTO Black Truffle Honey, Baked Italian Mini Doughnuts, and Italian Eggnog Each party theme comes with a festive Snacktivity that turns your favorite foods and toppings into an eye-popping set piece (think frittata bar, soup-sipping station, DIY grilled cheese party). Mary also offers up Big Stories to get the conversation flowing, a Party Calculator to plan how much to buy and prep per guest, and advice for stocking your Party Closet so you can quickly turn a casual drop-by into a fabulous time. Whether you host get-togethers once a week or once a year, this handy guide has all you need to eat, drink, and be, well, Mary. Praise for Mary Giuliani and The Cocktail Party "All-encompassing but never fussy, clever but never pretentious, Mary's approach to food and entertaining is warm and familiar without ever sacrificing on quality and sophistication."--Ariel Foxman, editorial director, InStyle "Mary pulls it all together with effortless panache, and all I can ever remember the next day--besides the fact that I drank too much--is how delicious everything was and how much fun I had."--Jonathan Van Meter, author and contributing editor, Vogue and New York
Inspired by the Cookie Advent we hold every December at Chronicle Books, here is a unique twist on the traditional Advent calendar. Starting on December 1 through Christmas Eve, the cover of the book invites readers to peek under an ornament flap to discover the cookie of the day--then turn the pages to find the appropriate recipe. Beginner and experienced bakers alike will enjoy these simple recipes for beautifully decorated homemade cookies counting down to December 25. With its mix of familiar and global Christmas treats and entirely new ones, this festive calendar and cookbook will create new cookie-baking traditions, bringing tidings of great family and community joy.
Tucked inside are recipes "so easy that it feels like cheating," dishes that "will leave your guests speechless," and a peek into Bridget and Julia's livesLearn how Bridget has a sweet tooth by the way she writes about the Ultimate Cinnamon Buns she makes for her sons, and the Dutch Baby recipe that recalls her grandfather, who developed a love for this Bavarian classic when stationed in Germany after the war. Julia reveals her entertaining secrets and shortcuts with recipes like Stuffed Mushrooms with Boursin and Prosciutto, Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Lemon-Garlic Sauce (a game changer for her), and Lemon-Herb Cod Fillets with Crispy Garlic Potatoes (a recipe that is "so easy that it feels like cheating, like I'm not really cooking").
Hello, Cupcake inspired millions to become cupcake artists and launched an international sensation. Now the talented pair who started it all returns, with projects that are more hilarious, more spectacular, more awe-inspiring--and as easy as ever.
But they don't stop at cupcakes. No sweet treat is safe from their ingenuity: refrigerator cookies, pound cakes, pie dough, cheesecakes, bar cookies, and Jell-O are all transformed into amazing and playful desserts. There's something for everybody in this book, and every single item you need can be found in the neighborhood supermarket or convenience store. Playing with your food has never been so exciting.
Karen Tack and Alan Richardson have appeared on TV with Martha Stewart, Rachael Ray, and Paula Deen and have been featured many times on NBC's Today as well as in America's top magazines.
Now you can put some gam in your holiday ham with The Dead Celebrity Christmas Cookbook. When it comes to holiday fun, the stars of Hollywood's Golden Age knew how to make merry - on stage, on screen, and especially on the dinner table. With The Dead Celebrity Christmas Cookbook - the follow-up to his international sensation The Dead Celebrity Cookbook - Frank DeCaro shows how to put the kitsch into your holiday kitchen as he salutes a quirky collection of celebrities who are gone, but fondly remembered every year at Christmastime.
Filled with pop culture ruminations and genuine (and genuinely delicious) recipes of the stars, The Dead Celebrity Christmas Cookbook hails such movie classics as It's a Wonderful Life and White Christmas, gives three cheers for such time-honored animated gems as Frosty the Snowman and How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and puts such offbeat offerings as The Star Wars Holiday Special in their rightful place - the dining room
Serving up such chapters as 'Miracle Whip on 34th Street, ' 'Eat Meat in St. Louis, ' and 'Munch of the Wooden Soldiers, ' DeCaro dishes up an attic-full of culinary delights garnished with his signature wit and cultural observations. Feast on such temptations as Peggy Lee's Holiday Halibut Casserole, Burl Ives's Stuffed Leg of Goat Hawaiian, Nat 'King' Cole's Ham Loaf, Barbara Stanwyck's Christmas Kipfels, Dinah Shore's Fruitcake, and Spike Jones's Molasses Jumbles. Even the Grinch himself - Boris Karloff - shares a recipe Wash them all down with Edmund Gwenn's Christmas Cup and John Lennon's Cocoa. With The Dead Celebrity Christmas Cookbook, you also can decide which makes for a better New Year's Eve, Guy Lombardo's Lobster Lombardo or Dick Clark's Spicy Turkey Meatloaf. There's nothing auld about them
The book is the ultimate hostess gift, and one that won't get buried in the cupboard. Placing the accent on mirth - and casting a forgiving eye toward Santa's girth - The Dead Celebrity Christmas Cookbook promises to get even the biggest Scrooge in the holiday spirit and liven up any gathering. It'll have you saying your 'ho, ho, ho's' in true Hollywood style, this year and for many years to come.