This indispensable guide will save those who live or spend their leisure time in rural areas time, money and headaches.
Packed with solid, easy-to-understand advice -- and clear, detailed illustrations -- Country and Cottage Water Systems takes the mystery out of rural water systems and their components. Whether planning a new system or updating, expanding or fixing an existing one, the ideas, the know-how and the solutions are all here.
The book includes tips for do-it-yourselfers, and guidance for those hiring a professional, on a variety of topics, including:
From getting water in to getting waste out, Country and Cottage Water Systems helps ensure clean, safe water for country and cottage dwellers, as well as hassle-free and environmentally responsible waste disposal.
From wastestream to mainstream, a practical guide to composting toilet systems.
Composting toilets are a key feature for local resilience, money saving, water conservation, resource recovery, septic system replacement, and an improved bathroom experience in rural and urban buildings.
Essential Composting Toilets is a streamlined manual that takes a practical, how-to approach to composting toilet system selection, design, installation, and operation, while meeting universal health and safety objectives. Drawing from existing regulations and research, this book dispels myths and provides tools to assess various systems. It includes:
- Easily-understood drawings, plans, and photos
- Coverage of all main composting toilet systems
- Selection criteria including site considerations, urine separation pros/cons, renovations/new builds, ventilation, servicing, and composting details
- Design and installation details.
Offering a professional approach accessible to DIYers, homeowners, designers, building consultants, water conservation advocates, and regulators, Essential Composting Toilets provides key information for redesigning toilet systems anywhere in the world.
Al igual que la 4a versi n actualizada en el idioma Ingl s, y con m s de 600,000 copias vendidas en su versi n original (The Complete Guide to Plumbing), est ahora disponible la primera versi n en el idioma Espa ol. Por qu las emergencias de plomer a suelen ocurrir en medio de la noche o en los fines de semana? Si se niega a pagar grandes sumas de dinero a un plomero para que s lo reemplace un empaque o apriete una tuerca, entonces La gu a completa sobre plomer a es su soluci n. Al interior de esta obra actualizada encontrar la informaci n necesaria para convertirse en el plomero de su casa. La pr xima vez que se enfrente a una tuber a rota, o decida que es hora de remodelar o construir un nuevo ba o, puede ir a buscar su caja de herramientas en lugar de su chequera.
- Aqu enc ont rar
- Informaci n completamente revisada y actualizada seg n las normas UPC 2008
- Las reparaciones m s comunes de plomer a
- C mo instalar nuevas tuber as, incluyendo las de gas
- T cnicas y consejos para realizar docenas de proyectos (desde reemplazar una taza de inodoro, hasta reparar una llave de agua o instalar un nuevo ba o en el s tano)
This guide to the basics of plumbing and central heating is designed for complete amateurs, and written by one of the most experienced plumbing tutors in the country.Whether you are attempting projects such as installing a new bathroom or plumbing in a new dishwasher, or just need to understand enough to do essential repairs and fixes, this is the book for you. It includes step-by-step guides to sorting out the most common plumbing problems, and comprehensive coverage of the key tasks, all based on a straightforward introduction to the layout of your house and water system. In addition, it has plenty of illustrations, a full glossary, a whole chapter on how and who to call for help, a guide to the necessary toolkit and a list of the top ten plumbing emergencies.
For those who work with cylinders, a geometric understanding of the shapes involved and how they fit together are crucial for excellence in their trade. This book allows pipe fitters to connect their work to its logical base--math. The straightforward tone, multitude of illustrations, and example problems will help even those with underdeveloped math skills learn the calculations. Forty-one sets of exercises with answers give the reader ample practice as well as applying the math skills.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.Ace the Journeyman and Master Plumbing Exams
Featuring more than 400 practice questions and answers, Plumber's Licensing Study Guide, Third Edition, provides everything you need to prepare for and pass the Journeyman and Master Plumber's licensing exams on the first try. This practical, up-to-date resource is filled with study tips, detailed illustrations, calculations, conversion tables, and troubleshooting points. Both metric and U.S. units are included throughout. Fully revised for the 2012 International Plumbing Code and 2012 Uniform Plumbing Code, this careerbuilding guide helps you:
- Master the material most likely to appear on plumber'slicensing exams
- Improve your test-taking ability with 400+ multiple-choicequestions and answers
- Acquire the confidence, skills, and knowledge needed topass your exam
Covers essential plumbing topics, including:
- Administrative policies
- Miscellaneous regulations
- Water supply
- Water heaters
- Sanitary drainage
- Indirect waste
- Storm water drainage
- Traps, cleanouts, and special waste
- Interceptors and separators
- Medical and nonmedical gas systems
- Alternative engineered and special systems
- Gray-water recycling systems
- Natural gas
You never know what you'll encounter during a remodel, so you have to be prepared to work around problems when they inevitably arise. In Plumbing, third-generation master plumber Rex Cauldwell provides real-world problems and solutions that you can use to figure out problems on your own jobs.
This book covers the full range of pipe types you'll likely encounter on a remodel job, including steel, copper, PB, CPVC, and PEX. You won't just learn how to install them, but how to tie them into existing systems. This complete guide explains:
- The water supply system
- Tapping into supply lines
- Adding/running drains and vents
- Remodeling kitchens and baths
- Installing a dishwasher
- Plumbing in an icemaker
- Converting a tub-only faucet to a tub/shower
- Installing a toilet in a basement
This book is designed for use as both a text and study guide for those students taking the licensing test in plumbing. Because of the large number of residential dwellings under construction and planned for the near future, this is a growing area. Well trained and knowledgeable plumbers are urgently needed in most of the individual United States and Canada. The field of plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters is predicted to grow about 12% each year until 2024, faster than most professions. The onslaught of new buildings is behind this surge.
Here, in one book, the entire plumbing trade is covered in one accessible source. Consideration is given to cover all states' exam requirements. Tools and instruments are included to familiarize the licensing candidates with labor-saving devices and their correct utilization. While there are hundreds of practice exam questions, there is no guarantee that these questions and answers will appear on the actual test, or that the reader will pass the exam by simply reading this book. The main emphasis is on getting the tradesman accustomed to testing and knowledgeable about the plumbing trade in general. While there used to be several good resources for those studying to become licensed plumbers, these are quite old and rather outdated. This textbook/study guide will fill a void in this increasingly important trade.
- Includes valuable tips and illustrations of the various tools and equipment used in the trade.
- Practice questions with answers (at least 400 in the book, and several hundred more on an affiliated website) will be included at the end of each chapter, organized according to the various aspects of the trade.
- Some suggestions for taking tests and studying for exams are also discussed, along with tips for instructors who are preparing lesson plans and curricula for teaching plumbing certification.
- An affiliated website will have additional test questions, videos, and color photographs of the more eye-catching scenarios in the book.