Easy to read, easy to use, easy to understandIdeal for school use and anyone starting to learn SpanishClear, innovative color layout allows for maximum ease of useUnique games section that helps readers have fun while learningSpecial entries on Latin American life and cultureTable of common Spanish verbs
An all-purpose reference perfect for English- and Spanish-speaking students
Whether you are a native English-speaking student learning Spanish or a Spanish-speaking student working on your English homework, VOX Spanish and English School Dictionary has what you need as a beginning or intermediate learner of the language.
- More than 30,000 entries and 70,000 translations
- Written with your needs in mind--school lessons, homework, class discussions, and more
- Up-to-date word list with a special emphasis on everyday language, colloquial expressions, and idioms, as well as current technical, scientific, and business terms
Developed mainly for students taking Spanish on high school and college levels, this A-to-Z short-entry reference book lists 600 grammatical terms in Spanish, and follows up with their Spanish gender designation, their English equivalent term, and an English language definition of their function. For example:hip rbole - f / hyperbole Figure consisting of exaggerating something to create an effect; not to be taken seriously. Example: "Este hombre es tan viejo como Matusal n." (This man is as old as Methuselah.) Here is a comprehensive grammar lexicon designed to improve students' understanding of Spanish, as well as their ability to use Spanish words and phrases correctly.
* 600 Terms, Concepts, and Critical Theories. Are all defined, explained, and illustrated in clear, easy-to-understand language. * Comprehensive. Providing students with all the literary and critical terms commonly encountered in the study of literature, from the basic to the complex and avante garde. * Numerous Examples. Allow students to clarify the terms and ideas in each entry. * Cross-References. Further help study by linking related terms and concepts and technical terms with their more common counterparts.
"Hindi-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary" makes language-learning accessible by using photographs to put the everyday vocabulary of the modern world into context.
A thematic organization of more than 10,000 fully illustrated terms labeled in both Hindi and English, and comprehensive two-way indexes put the perfect translation at your fingertips. Additional feature panels include abstract nouns and verbs, as well as useful phrases, and a handy pronunciation guide ensures you will be able to speak with confidence.
"Hindi-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary" is a colorful and stimulating learning resource ideal for all levels, whether you are a student, teacher, tourist, or business traveler. Now fully updated with new text, images, and a bold new look.
Series Description: Now fully updated to cover a comprehensive range of more than 10,000 everyday objects, DK's bestselling Bilingual Visual Dictionary series includes 10 languages. With thematic organization and full-color images, the Bilingual Visual Dictionaries offer a user-friendly and intuitive reference for language learning, making it easy for readers to master important vocabulary, whether a student, tourist, or business traveler.
Get the Spanish reference millions have come to trust
For the first time in 12 years, the most popular Spanish and English dictionary available in North America has been thoroughly revised and updated for today s high-school and college students, businesspeople, and armchair linguists. More than 15,000 entries and 140 pages have been added to the dictionary, which is available in three formats to fit anyone s needs. And the layout itself has gotten a polish; it has been completely reset for even better legibility"
Newly revised and updated, the "Italian-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary" is a quick and intuitive way to learn and recall everyday words in Italian.
The "Italian-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary" introduces a range of useful current vocabulary in thematic order, using full-color photographs and artworks to display and label all the elements of everyday life from the home and office to sport, music, nature, and the countries of the world with panel features on key nouns, verbs, and useful phrases.
The "Italian-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary" features: A quick and intuitive way to learn and remember thousands of words. A complete range of illustrated objects and scenes from everyday life. Fast and effective learning for any situation, from home and office to shopping and dining out. Detailed index for instant reference. Handy size ideal for travel.
The illustrations in the "Italian-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary" provide a quick and intuitive route to learning a language, defining the words visually so it is easier to remember them and creating a colorful and stimulating learning resource for the foreign-language and EFL/ESL student."
- rules for the use of plurals and articles
- detailed guides to Spanish pronunciation and word gender
- Latin American usage by country
- plus a thumb index for quick reference and greater convenience You get all these features--and much more--in this one, easy-to-use, easy-to-carry compact volume.
- Contains over 14,000 entries.
- Japanese and English phonetic pronunciations.
- Notes on Japanese Grammar and the Japanese language.